Social networks like MySpace and Facebook are changing the way we interact with the other online users, particularly among teens who are avid users of these sites. There’s huge money to be made in social networking.
Not to be outdone, entrepreneurs worldwide are launching new social networking sites targeted at different niches in the market:
- Xianz is a social network for Christians. Calling itself the faith-based MySpace, Xianz offers its 35,000+ registered members a place to connect, pray and share encouragement with family, church friends and co-workers.
- Spout is the first online film community focused on connecting film lovers with great films and the people who have something to say about them. Likened to a MySpace for film buffs, the site allows members to search for, organize, recommend and buy their favorite films, as well as interact with each other via an agile and easy-to-use online interface.
- Need a place to show off your art pieces? Try STUART. STUART (“Student Art”) aims to connect busy art collectors with students who need help finding an audience for their talents. Students create profiles and upload their art, and can then chat online, giving each other feedback and of course, network with art collectors around the world.
- If you enjoy sports, Mesh Tennis may be for you. Mesh Tennis is a new social networking site which aims to connect tennis players online. On the website, you can search for other tennis players of their own skill level, in their own area. You can also record scores and matches, review tennis gear, schedule tennis events and read the latest tennis news. Joining a competition? Groups can be formed for club teams, school teams or doubles.
- Yes, there’s a place for car fanatics to hang out as well. Boompa (pictured above) is a new social network focused on connecting car fanatics together online. Users can enter information on cars they own, or want to own. Other users can tag and comment the vehicle, and contact the owner and/or add him or her as a friend. Great place to find other MINI Cooper lovers.
Do you know of any other social networking sites which are focused on specific niches and communities? Share them with us!
* * * * *
This New Business Ideas Report is compiled specially for Small Business Trends from the editors of CoolBusinessIdeas.com.