Come and join me at the GrowSmartBiz Conference! It’s September 29, 2009 at the Renaissance Hotel in Washington, D.C. This conference is a one-day event for small business owners and stakeholders.
I just learned that the keynote speaker is Chris Anderson, editor-in-chief of Wired Magazine and author of “The Long Tail” and “Free.” It’s a great opportunity to hear him speak and be inspired by his ideas.
The conference themes are:
- Driving Small Business Performance with Marketing and Innovation
- Raising Capital with Effective Finance Strategies
- Getting Ahead in the Current Economy
- Integrating Traditional Marketing with Social Media
Besides Chris Anderson, other speakers include people lots of you know well because they are Small Business Trends Experts — Ramon Ray of SmallBizTechnology.com; Denise O’Berry, author of Small Business Cash Flow; Brent Leary of CRM Essentials, and Steve King of Small Biz Labs. I am one of the speakers, too. :-) I will be on a panel with Ken Yancey, CEO of SCORE and Jody Keenan, from the Board of Directors of the SBDC.
â†’ WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
There are potentially 3 good things in it for you:
- The GrowSmartBiz Conference is running a “Success Story” contest. There will be 8 winners (one each week), and each winner will receive one free admission to the conference. Network Solutions is asking small business owners to share their success stories. Entries have a 500-word maximum and should include the challenges you’ve faced and the innovative ways you’ve overcome them. More details about the Success Story contest here.
- Enter between August 11 and September 21, 2009. In addition to receiving free conference admission, the winners will be featured on the GrowSmartBiz Blog (a good opportunity for marketing visibility, if I do say so).
- If you don’t win, or if you’re not a small business owner, you can still get $100 off the conference registration with my special code. This is your opportunity to jump in, network, and learn from others. Registration is $299 per attendee and includes breakfast. But I have great news – all attendees who register using discount code “OFFER100″ will receive $100 $150 off their registration fee.
Register for the GrowSmartBiz Conference now and use code OFFER100. I hope to see many of you there. Please look me up.