Join me, along with other small business owners and managers, for a discussion about how small businesses are now being deliberately targeted by cybercriminals — and what you can do to protect your business.
In the first 6 months of 2012, the number of targeted attacks against small businesses, has doubled. And when your organization is smaller, your budget and your IT defenses tend to be smaller. So it can be a business-survival issue for a small business.
Thanks to Symantec, we’re bringing together security experts on Thursday, July 19 at 4pm New York time (1pm Los Angeles time) to discuss what you need to be aware of and what you can do to protect your business. We’ll cover the following:
- What is a targeted attack and how it differs from other cyber threats
- Why small businesses are being targeted (so you know what criminals are after!)
- How Mac users are being targeted — using Macs is no longer a pass.
- How to make your employees aware of the threats, including training
- Defending your business to avoid dollar losses.
CyberAttacks: Not longer just a big biz problem
Date: Thursday, July 19, 2012
Time: 1 – 2 pm PT (Los Angeles time) / 4 – 5 pm ET (New York time)
- Kevin Haley , Director, Symantec Security Response, Symantec – @kphaley 
- Andrew Singer , Director of Product Marketing, Symantec – @SymantecSMB 
- Anita Campbell  (yours truly), Small Business Trends – @Smallbiztrends 
Where: On Twitter.com. Follow the hashtag #SMBchat  to see what others say during the chat. Be sure to use #SMBchat in your tweets when you participate. All are welcome — join in!!!