If you’re looking for a budget friendly smartphone but are more comfortable with one of the leading brands in the industry, a solution could be coming as early as September 10.
That’s the date scheduled for a big announcement by smartphone and tablet industry leader Apple Inc. Certainly Apple has not been known for affordable technology in the past.
After all, currently the Apple iPhone 5 without contract or subsidies retails for more than $600.00 on sites like Amazon.
However, rumors have been swirling for some time about a new low-cost iPhone retailing as low as $99 or as high as $300, the iPhone 5C. Photos were leaked recently on SonnyDickenson.com, an industry website. They show what appear to be the plastic casings of the new phones in white, red, green, blue, and yellow.
Media sources like AllThingsD are speculating Apple will use the September 10 event to announce the iPhone 5C.
Reasons Your Business May Want a Budget iPhone 5C
Budget conscious small business owners and entrepreneurs may choose the new budget iPhone for many reasons:
- Despite the price and the plastic casing, this is still an iPhone, of course, and so will likely have some of the same features.
- If the phone is truly priced as low as $99, it blows away even Samsung’s budget devices. If in the $300 range, it is still quite competitive.
- While less expensive, a new smartphone with a Firefox operating system from Chinese manufacturer ZTE could increase the risk of malware. Experts say this is because the Firefox operating system will make it easier to download apps directly from the Web instead of from more secure sources like the Apple Store.
- Apple’s customer service is legendary with replacement programs for defective products and service at your nearest Apple retailer. It’s uncertain if ZTE, which plans to sell the Firefox phone over the Internet, will have the same service in place.
- If your company already uses other Apple products like the iMac or MacBook Pro, another tool using the same operating system might be preferable. And the low price may make the option irresistible.
Apple Photo via Shutterstock