- Small Business Trends - http://smallbiztrends.com -
10 Budget Conscious Marketing Tips from Our #BrotherBackToBiz Chat Party
Posted By Shawn Hessinger On February 17, 2014 @ 1:00 pm In Marketing Tips | 4 Comments
Last week we hosted the #BrotherBackToBiz  Chat Party with the theme of branding and creating great marketing materials on a budget.
It was a great opportunity for networking and the sharing of tips we’re hoping every small business will find useful. In fact, we had so many great suggestions from our small business community, we thought we’d share some of the best ones with readers who couldn’t attend.
Below are 10 tips from the Twitter chat party that should help with your branding and marketing needs without breaking the bank.
1. Put your logo on all your products. And don’t stop there. Include any other information that makes it easy for perspective customers to learn more about you and how to do business with you.
A6: My dad puts his greenhouse logo, phone # & website on flower pots. Even “trash” can be marketing. #BrotherBackToBiz 
— Robert Brady (@robert_brady) February 13, 2014 
2. Try branding your mobile hotspot. This can be an easy and inexpensive way to identify your brand with everything you do online.
3. Build credibility into your brand. The more credibility your brand has with your intended customers and community, the less difficult your marketing job will be.
4. Let satisfied customers tell your story. Others are more likely to take note of stories from those who have tried and can vouch for your products or services.
5. Focus on the right people. Worry less about convincing those who don’t yet know about your business and more on those who already love what you do.
— Lina Roque (@linaroque) February 13, 2014 
6. Keep things simple. When marketing on a budget, it’s important to focus on only what’s important. Include the bare minimum on your business cards, for example, to make sure you communicate clearly.
— Laura Sipple (@lmsipple) February 13, 2014 
7. Never forget about DIY options. DIY may get a bum rap as being less than professional. So be sure you understand what this approach is really all about.
8. Team up with others like you. Other small businesses may be able to help you and you may be able to help them in ways you don’t suspect.
9. Use your limited marketing resources effectively. This includes getting every bit of mileage you can out of all the marketing materials you create.
10. Stay organized to stay productive. This doesn’t just mean making lists of what you plan to accomplish. It also means keeping record of what you get done to keep yourself accountable.
A7: Keep marketing tasks lists categorized by action (call, email, design, etc.) so you can get ‘me done in btw things. #BrotherBackToBiz 
— Ray Sidney-Smith (@w3consulting) February 13, 2014 
The #BrotherBackToBiz chat party was in honor of the Brother CreativeCenter Back to Business contest currently going on at our sister site BizSugar.com. There’s still time to enter for your chance to win. The contest runs through March 19, 2014 and is sponsored by Brother.
For more information on how to participate, visit the Brother CreativeCenter “Back to Business” Contest page .
Chat  Photo via Shutterstock
Article printed from Small Business Trends: http://smallbiztrends.com
URL to article: http://smallbiztrends.com/2014/02/10-tips-marketing-budget-brotherbacktobiz-chat-party.html
URLs in this post:
 #BrotherBackToBiz: https://twitter.com/search?q=%23BrotherBackToBiz&src=typd&f=realtime
 #BrotherBackToBiz: https://twitter.com/search?q=%23BrotherBackToBiz&src=hash
 February 13, 2014: https://twitter.com/robert_brady/statuses/434050225737449472
 February 13, 2014: https://twitter.com/ramonray/statuses/434051783623999488
 @smallbiztrends: https://twitter.com/smallbiztrends
 February 13, 2014: https://twitter.com/adorablesweetp/statuses/434045579371360256
 February 13, 2014: https://twitter.com/cendrinemedia/statuses/434047518314618880
 @cendrinemedia: https://twitter.com/cendrinemedia
 #brotherbacktobiz: https://twitter.com/search?q=%23brotherbacktobiz&src=hash
 February 13, 2014: https://twitter.com/linaroque/statuses/434046650193948673
 #BrotherBacktoBiz: https://twitter.com/search?q=%23BrotherBacktoBiz&src=hash
 February 13, 2014: https://twitter.com/lmsipple/statuses/434047087932473344
 February 13, 2014: https://twitter.com/DIYMarketers/statuses/434043542164738048
 February 13, 2014: https://twitter.com/BrotherOffice/statuses/434050414485315585
 February 13, 2014: https://twitter.com/sweetmatcha/statuses/434053426666684417
 February 13, 2014: https://twitter.com/w3consulting/statuses/434053258089603072
 Brother CreativeCenter “Back to Business” Contest page: http://www.bizsugar.com/brother-creativecenter/
 Chat: http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-114231184/stock-photo-blue-bird.html