Have some questions about doing your business taxes? On February 21, 2014 Greg Lemons, a CPA, will be answering questions about taxes. Here are some of the topics that will be covered:
- How to squeeze the most money out of your tax return
- When is DIY tax (such as Turbo Tax, etc.) a viable option for my business taxes
- At what growth stage in my business is it time to start looking for a tax professional
- Very costly and common mistakes businesses make on their taxes
- How to avoid audits
- Common deductions missed that really hurt a business
- What’s new in the 2013 tax year
- What’s on the horizon for the 2014 tax year
The discussion will be hosted and led by Joshua Mackens, owner of Tutelary Marketing. Participants will have a question and answer period to pose tax questions directly to Greg Lemons, the expert guest.
Lemons has been a CPA for over 36 years and is the former CFO and Controller of two different Fortune 500 companies (one of which was Mapco). He left the corporate world 11 years ago to open up his own accounting firm dedicated to helping small businesses exclusively.
When: Friday, February 21, 2014, at 9 am Central time (Chicago time zone)
Where: Online, using a Google Hangout (you participate by going to the appointed URL and using your computer’s Web cam)
How: Go here to sign up by email (fill out the email box in the center of that page). You will receive a confirmation email with instructions for how to attend.