Talking with your customers can be a full time job. Keeping track of various aspects of customer service might demand two of you. If you have struggled with managing a help desk, then Freshdesk brings a new approach a new world of customer service in the age of full email inboxes, online reviews, and social media.
With names like Toshiba, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, and Goodreads using it, you can be assured of a quality way to manage questions and complaints. Freshdesk  has even created a way to keep your agents in the moment through a video game style point system at the “Estate” level of service.
One of their headlines says it all: Support customers everywhere they go.
You have to love a free level of service that is as comprehensive as the basic plan Freshdesk offers its small business customers. Any small business could start at the free “Sprout” level and greatly improve their customer service experience for both agents and customers.
International businesses can opt for paid plans that offer unique ways to respond to multi-national customer support issues.
What I Really Like:
- The forever free service is fully functional and allows you to have up to three agents with one mailbox.
- Other services are combined under a thirty-day free trial of the “Estate” level, and you don’t need to give them your credit card until the end of it. Additionally, there are no contracts. The service is strictly pay-as-you go.
- You can access your helpdesk anytime and anywhere through email without signing into your portal. You can also forward questions to other agents.
- For a low $1 – $3 you can add extra agents for a day to help get you through high volume times without changing your plan. To make the transition quicker, you can purchase these in advance and use them as needed. Sweet.
- I like the comprehensive tickets. The sample ticket shown below gives you an idea of the many useful ways to track what’s going on.
What I’d Like to See:
- A little bit more speed. I read in other reviews related to Freshdesk (and some other solutions) that access could be a bit slow. I personally didn’t find it to be lightning fast, but I wouldn’t complain about it, especially given it offers a robust free level. But I’d suggest beefing up the speed component to keep the “always-on, gotta-have-it-instantly” crowd happy.
- I’d like to see some sample reports populated with sample data so I can understand better what’s possible from that option. But as you can see here, there is no shortage of options once you have some data/tickets flowing.
There are many customizable options with Freshdesk. You can even add an agent to the free level for $15 per month per agent. They offer monthly plans that range from $19 to $49 per agent per month or annual plans discounted to $16 to $40 per agent per month, when paid annually.
All the plans allow you to upgrade or downgrade at any time. Plus, as I already mentioned, you can add extra agents for very little cost, as you need them.
You can manage your customer requests and issues via email, but why? With powerful tools from Freshdesk, you can keep track of everything going on in your business and keep your customers extremely satisfied.