Google has introduced a referral program that pays $15 per new signup for its paid Google Apps for Business Service.
This is the pro version of Google Apps. It features souped-up versions of Google’s popular free cloud-based Web apps like Gmail, Google Drive and Calendar.
For instance, at just $5 per month per user, your business can have custom Gmail addresses and 30 GB of email and Google Drive storage. Google also offers round-the-clock customer support for Apps for Business customers. These apps can be accessed from any device and allow you to collaborate in real time with any other user.
So if your business already uses Google Apps and you think another business could benefit from them, Google will pay you for that referral. Writing on the official Google Enterprise Blog, channel marketing lead Prajesh Parekh explains:
“Many of the millions of Google Apps customers learned about tools like Hangouts, Drive and Gmail for business from their customers, friends and networks. The referral program makes it easy to share Google Apps with your network and show them how they too can use these tools at work.”
Google has what appears to be a simple sign up process for the program. Here’s how it works:
- You provide Google with your name, email address, tax ID number, and bank account information.
- Google will provide you with email links and other website templates that help you promote Apps for Business.
- When your referrals sign up for the premium services – and pay for them for at least 120 days – Google pays you $15 per person.
- Google provides a few other incentives to you and your referred users, too, like discount coupons on Apps for Business services.
- Google makes a direct deposit to the bank account you provide at sign-up.
There is a chance to earn more than just spare change here, too.
If you eventually refer a business that has a lot of employees, Google pays you for the first 100 people who sign up for the premium services from a single referral. For example, if a business you refer to Apps for Business signs up 10 employees, you’d receive $15 for each new signup: $150.
Image: GoogleMore in: Google