- Small Business Trends - http://smallbiztrends.com -
How to Strengthen Your Social Media Content Marketing Strategy
Posted By William Johnson On May 14, 2014 @ 1:00 pm In Marketing Tips | 21 Comments
Setting up a Twitter account or a Facebook page is not a difficult task. However, fostering authentic conversation with a community through those networks without the right social media content marketing strategy – is not.
Content runs the social Web. It is what gives your brand something to talk about with your customers, current and prospective. The evolution of content marketing has opened more avenues to reach your targeted audience. They can read or view your content through RSS feed, blogs, infographics, videos, and other forms of digital content.
Your content marketing strategy  should be strengthened time and again and you can enrich your social media content marketing efforts using these tactics.
There is nothing like involving your social media followers in the content creation process. Whether they are industrial thought leaders or customers, co-created content is an investment by the participants and is much bigger and full of significant ideas than what you would normally create on your own.
Build sequential content assets into your social media content marketing plan. Whether it’s a series of videos that you post as pieces of puzzle, or images that identify people in the industry, great content create anticipation of what’s next.
Embracing social media is not just about increasing fans, friends, or follower counts. Social media is engaging the community for mutual benefit. Content planning that coordinates extension with bloggers, industrial leaders, customers, employees or members of the media can provide great exposure.
Share your blog posts more than once. This strategy has three major benefits:
1) Maximum Traffic: Sharing your content more than once with a different angle each time helps you drive more traffic. Actual visits to your post can increase with each new share.
2) Reach Multiple Time Zones: Posting the same content multiple times helps you expose it to different time zones. Sharing the same content multiple times with a different spin each time helps to reach people living in different time zones with different social media habits.
3) New Followers: If you share some of your old articles, it may be that many of your followers are seeing it for the first time. They may receive value from it even if it’s a bit older, yet still relevant. Consider using the Twitter Counter  tool to track the growth of your followers. This will give you insights as to the best time to share some of your older content too.
Conversations via a Twitter chat offer a great way to engage with existing followers and prospective clients through a variety of topics. This can also help increase your content’s exposure and make the most of the moment by sharing useful solutions, guidance and actionable tips. By using the chat effectively and getting your audience to participate in the Twitter chat , you can make your business a trusted voice and encourage your social media followers to return for more and more.
The four important stages of effectively using Twitter chat:
1) Curation: Information gathered can be utilized to spark better content and new editorial ideas. Participants will come up with new trends, help to identify key issues within the industry, and share insights on new avenues and opportunities for your business to explore.
2) Develop improved content: Once you have the ideas, you can create both on-page and off-page content and share it on social media. You can even compile a list of problems that need solutions and follow these up with articles or videos guides.
3) Repurpose your content: Once you have created the content, repurpose it into new types to improve the lifespan of your work. If you have found a valuable topic that needs a little more modification, implementing a new method to present the information to your audience will automatically increase its acceptance.
4) Review performance of the content: Reviewing your content’s performance helps you to understand whether or not the content you have produced has had positive impact or not. This will help you to judge how valuable the information is as a source for your content.
As you share the same content to various social media channels using a different angle each time, test out which headlines work best and garner the most clicks:
The data will help you determine which performed better. If you see a big difference in engagement on different headlines, you can even go back to the original post and change the title.
Let’s take a quick look at:
Content through social listening: Create a hashtag to listen to how people related to your brand see your content and use your brand on a daily basis. It’s an easy way to track conversations.
Improve your social media presence through shareable content: Create thought-provoking, conversation-starting content that triggers an emotional response that may compel people to share it with others.
Target specific demographics: The more specific you get, the more consistent your brand will appear. This allows you to focus on those people who are genuinely interested in your brand.
Use attractive procedures to engage your customers: Hosting contests or events is a great way to engage your customers and attract potential buyers. Once you see some of your customers clicking and sharing your content, eventually their friends may also start clicking and sharing the content.
LinkedIn is a powerful content marketing platform. It is a potent solution for delivering personalized content to audiences. To start your personalization plan, you have to follow certain steps:
Get personal with your audience by knowing:
Target different industries:
Google Authorship  is not just a byline and a photo attached to your content in Google search. Once you connect Google authorship with your Google+ profile, it creates a verified connection between the content and its creator. This gives Google the ability to identify quality, human-centric content.
These principles will undoubtedly raise the bar on your social media content marketing strategy and performance.
Social Networking  Photo via Shutterstock
Article printed from Small Business Trends: http://smallbiztrends.com
URL to article: http://smallbiztrends.com/2014/05/social-media-content-marketing-strategy.html
URLs in this post:
 content marketing strategy: http://smallbiztrends.com/2013/12/2014-online-content-marketing-strategy.html
 Twitter Counter: http://twittercounter.com/
 participate in the Twitter chat: http://smallbiztrends.com/2010/08/how-to-participate-in-twitter-chat.html
 Participate in LinkedIn Groups: http://smallbiztrends.com/2013/11/how-to-share-content-in-linkedin-groups.html
 Google Authorship: http://smallbiztrends.com/2013/01/google-plus-image-appear-search-results.html
 Social Networking: http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-163121498/stock-photo-elegant-business-multitasking-multimedia-man-using-devices-at-home.html