Small Business Trends Poll
We all make mistakes in our businesses — some large but mostly, we hope, small. When we look back in time, we can see those mistakes.
So we asked the question about your biggest mistake. The choice of answers focused on borrowing money, or not borrowing money, as well as marketing and partnering.
We were surprised by the results. Despite what you hear in the media about lack of credit holding businesses back, the vast majority here at Small Business Trends didn’t think loans were a cure-all for anything. In fact, borrowing money turned out to be the biggest mistake.
Hiring mistakes, which we expected to see as one of the top problems, wasn’t much of a problem.
What is Your Biggest Business Mistake?
- Borrowing money (78%, 5,303 Votes)
- Partnering with the wrong people (8%, 556 Votes)
- Not borrowing money (4%, 279 Votes)
- Failing to market my business (4%, 272 Votes)
- Selling myself short (3%, 236 Votes)
- Hiring wrong people (3%, 178 Votes)
Total Voters: 6,824
Like this poll? See all polls