Small Business Trends Poll
Most microbusinesses with 5 or fewer employees, would be thrilled to get a $10,000 windfall. But here’s the question: if you had such an amount and it wasn’t already earmarked, what would you spend it on? That’s the question we asked.
Surprisingly, a majority said “hire a marketing consultant.” Now if we were cynical, we might be tempted to think most of the people taking the poll were marketing consultants!
However, the second response is “upgrade software” — suggesting that small business leaders recognize the value of investing in technology.
If You Suddenly Got an Extra $10,000 to Spend in Your Business, What Would You Spend it On?
- More marketing (24%, 819 Votes)
- Upgrade software (13%, 441 Votes)
- Hire a consultant to help the business grow (12%, 418 Votes)
- New website or blog, or upgrade existing (8%, 280 Votes)
- More staff (8%, 258 Votes)
- New equipment (other than computers) (7%, 249 Votes)
- Search engine optimization (SEO) (7%, 221 Votes)
- New computers (5%, 166 Votes)
- Pay per click ads (4%, 122 Votes)
- Register a patent or trademark (3%, 110 Votes)
- New company vehicle (3%, 96 Votes)
Total Voters: 3,386
* * * * *
Like this poll? See all polls