BASKING RIDGE, N.J., May 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — May, nationally recognized as National Small Business Month, celebrates the innovation and spirit that small and medium-sized companies bring to their local neighborhoods and to the broader U.S. economy. It also highlights various opportunities for entrepreneurs to discover new technologies and best practices which support and promote efficiency within their companies.
Verizon Wireless is the leading go-to resource that small and medium-sized businesses (SMB) turn to for their mobile technology solutions and learn about the best practices to bring them to life. To kick off National Small Business Month, Verizon Wireless has developed a few tips for SMB owners and entrepreneurs on the best ways to use wireless technology.
How Mobile Technology Can Be a Small Business’ Best Friend:
- Join the tablet movement. – Designed to be ultra-slim and lightweight, a powerful tablet is just as practical and cost-effective a tool as any laptop. Fast and supported by a variety of apps, tablets, such as the Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 7.7, allow small business owners and entrepreneurs to quickly access data, share reports and presentations, or create exciting videos to showcase their expertise and successes. Whether in or out of the office, users have peace of mind, knowing they are always connected and up to date on the company’s operations.
- Get more business with mobile payments. (It’s easier than you think.) – No cash? No problem. Big companies are not the only ones who can take credit card payments now. With a mobile payment system like the Intuit GoPayment app, coupled with a smartphone or tablet, a small business can make a significant impact in their sales by accepting plastic, no matter where they conduct business.
- App-ccessorize! – Apps have become a way of mobile life. For an entrepreneur, they are the lifeblood of their workflow. With literally thousands of apps for all types of business operations, SMB owners no longer have to sift through them endlessly. Tools like the easy-to-use Small Business Advisor from Verizon Wireless make identifying top-rated apps for any industry, device operating system or task effortless by winnowing down the clutter and finding the right ones for the user.
- …Or make your own. – Many businesses are creating their own apps to better interact with employees and customers alike while streamlining everyday tasks. Creating and deploying an app of your own can help create a stronger brand image for your company.
- Hit the road with confidence. – For entrepreneurs trying to grow their companies, travel is a necessity and being able to take a high-speed Internet connection wherever they go is invaluable. With mobile hotspots, such as the Novatel or ZTE Jetpacks, in their pocket, business owners can easily get work done and stay in touch with employees and clients while on the road.
- Get expert advice without paying a penny. – By the end of this year, more than half of U.S. cellphones will be smartphones, according to a report from Nielsen. SMB owners shouldn’t hesitate to take advantage of the free resources in their communities, such as Verizon Wireless’ in-store business specialists or Wireless Workshops, which will help them get the most out of their smartphones, tablets and other wireless technology.
“Verizon Wireless takes great pride in helping small businesses grow and thrive by providing them with the guidance and resources they need to be successful,” said Michael Schaefer, executive director, National SMB Marketing, Verizon Wireless. “With our expertise in mobile technology for small businesses, our customers have the confidence to integrate some of these tools into their operations and reap the rewards of a streamlined workflow.”
Small and medium-sized businesses with a My Business account from Verizon Wireless can also receive exclusive discounts from trusted industry leaders using the Verizon Discount Program. At no additional cost, participating customers are entitled to exclusive discounts and savings on key business services.
Entrepreneurs and SMB owners can visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store to speak with a business specialist or go to www.verizonwireless.com/smb for more information.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 93.0 million retail customers, including 88.0 million retail postpaid customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 80,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
SOURCE Verizon Wireless