MINNEAPOLIS, June 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — The Revenue Accelerator® today released their 2012 Salesperson Onboarding Survey report which included several key recommendations for sales leaders and business executives. Founder and CEO of The Revenue Accelerator®, Lee B. Salz, led a team of onboarding experts who contributed to the report including:
- George Bradt, Managing Director of Prime Genesis
- David Lee, Founder of HumanNature@Work
- Dave Stein, Founder of ES Research
Key findings from the report include:
- It takes new salespeople from eight months to over a year to perform at the same level as their tenured colleagues. Yet, most employers devote less than two months to the onboarding of their new sellers.
- Fewer than one out of five executives surveyed reported being satisfied with the amount of time it takes for their newly hired salespeople to get up to speed.
- Salespeople, who work for employers most satisfied with their onboarding processes, got up to speed 34% faster — i.e., four months earlier — than those working for companies who reported were less satisfied with their onboarding processes.
- Executives, reporting the greatest satisfaction — and greatest success — with their onboarding programs, have longer onboarding periods that are highly structured and comprehensive.
Salz, a widely acclaimed sales management expert and sales talent management strategist, said, “This survey brings to light the fact that top performing companies don’t perceive adding headcount to their sales team as hiring, but rather as a corporate investment in revenue. Effective onboarding is the key to a fast, high return on that investment.”
To access the full 2012 Salesperson Onboarding Survey report, visit http://www.TheRevenueAccelerator.com/2012report.
To access Salz’ free eBook, Salesperson Onboarding Best Practices, visit http://www.TheRevenueAccelerator.com/eBook.
About The Revenue Accelerator®
The Revenue Accelerator® sales learning management system provides sales leaders with the tools they need to get their new-hire salespeople up to speed…fast! Designed to reduce ramp-up time and improve sales performance, The Revenue Accelerator® can be used by companies of any size, in any industry. Learn more and request a demo at http://www.TheRevenueAccelerator.com.
SOURCE The Revenue Accelerator