Join me on a Virtual Book Tour of the book, In Women We Trust: A Cultural Shift to the Softer Side of Business.
A virtual book tour is like a regular book tour with one big difference: instead of the author traveling from city to city, she travels from blog to blog to talk about her book.
In Women We Trust is written by author Mary Clare Hunt. The book explores how women today are opting to work with other women because they trust other women. It also covers what companies need to do to create environments that women consumers trust and feel comfortable in, making them want to do business with the company.
Next week on September 5, 2006 I will host one of the stops on the Tour. I will be joined by Mary Hunt. The Virtual Book Tour was arranged by Yvonne DiVita, whose company, WME Books, published the book. Follow along as Mary visits these blogs on her Virtual Book Tour:
- Deborah Brown at Bizinformer — The first stop on the Virtual Book Tour kicked off last week with blogger Deborah Brown reviewing the book and interviewing the author. The interview covered questions such as what it takes for companies to create a culture that makes today’s female consumers feel like they want to do business with the company. Mary mentions big-box retailer Best Buy, and how the company started with a networking forum for its own employees in order to create a trusting environment, a “service soul” as she calls it.
- Toby Bloomberg of Diva Marketing — Toby hosted the second stop on the Virtual Tour, on August 25th. Toby also interviewed the author. One of the questions Toby asked involved a quote from the book. The quote was: “advertising can buy awareness but it can’t buy trust.” Go over and read Mary’s answer as to how companies can create trust.
- Kirsten Osolind at the reinvention blog — Kirsten hosts on
Monday, August 28, 2006Tuesday, August 29, 2006.
- Susan Getgood at Marketing Roadmaps — Susan is planning to host the Virtual Book Tour on August 30, 2006.
- Anita Campbell of Small Business Trends — Mary will join me here on September 5, 2006. We will be focusing on the issue of selling B-to-B to women small business owners. Mary will give us Do’s and Don’ts for establishing trust with female small business owners.
I understand additional stops may be added to the Virtual Book Tour. I will update you as more information becomes available. Meantime — check out the above stops on the Virtual Book Tour. Leave a comment or question for the author. That’s the beauty of an online book tour — anyone can participate, no matter where you happen to be located.
Anita – appreciate the shout out. Virtual book tours are such fun with a different focus at each stop. Looking forward to your interview with Mary.
Thanks, Toby. I enjoyed your interview with Mary very much.