I am looking for two additional professionals to start writing alongside me here on Small Business Trends, on topics related to trends and new developments affecting small businesses.
If you run your own business or if you coach small business owners and you like to write, then you’d be perfect.
Article topics requested:
- Reviews of the latest small-business products and Web services.
- Observations about recent news items affecting small businesses and what they mean.
- Lists identifying trends in specific topic areas, and offering advice for how small businesses can take advantage of the trends, watch out for pitfalls, or profit by them.
Here is the selection criteria:
- You must be able and willing to write quality articles. Typical article length would be 300 to 750 words. Articles must be original and not previously published.
- Have examples of your past work to show.
- Able to write with consistency — I’m asking for one to two articles per month. I prefer ongoing contributors, rather than one-offs.
- Value exposure in the small-business community and want to build your reputation as a “small business expert.”
For an example of one style of trends article, please see Steven Teo’s recent submission.
What’s In It For You
I’d like to partner with you and consider you a friend and colleague, and develop a mutually rewarding relationship.
Your public profile will be enhanced as will your personal brand. You will be exposed to many many thousands of weekly readers who see Small Business Trends through page visits and RSS readers. If you have you own blog or website, it’s an easier way to build a loyal following than from scratch.
Those who have been Experts here in the past have received: search engine visibility; media interviews; invitations to speak; Web traffic.
You will be able to link to your own site at the end of each article. You will appear in the Small Business Experts List with a photo. No cash compensation is available, so I am looking for people whose primary motivations are: marketing exposure, development of expert reputation, and ability to build a following faster by extending the distribution of your content to a targeted audience.
In addition to writing articles, I’d like to be able to quote you as an expert in articles I publish here and in my columns elsewhere.
If you are interested, then please email me. The response has been overwhelming — thank you! For right now I am going to close the applications. I’d like to respond to everyone who has contacted me so far, before I ask for additional contributors. At some future point I may open up applications again.
I also welcome any questions in comments below.
Note: This does not mean I am no longer going to write here. Rather, I am expanding the content on the site and making a commitment to the community to offer voices other than my own.