Kelly Anderson of the blog Start-Up Princess recently compiled a list of recommended blogs for small business entrepreneurs. Many of them (not all) are by women. All are worth checking out.
If you are not already a regular reader of these blogs, be sure not to miss:
- Wendy Piersall’s Sparkplug CEO (formerly eMoms at Home) for her home based business perspective.
- The blog Entrepreneurs-Journey, written by Yaro Starak. He focuses on providing business advice for the online entrepreneur. Kelly highlighted the post he wrote on earning $9,000 a month from a board game. Creating thinking.
- Michele Miller’s Wonderbranding, a site focused on marketing to women.
- Newspaper Girl by Janet Meiners who unravels the mystery around affiliate and Internet marketing.
- Mom 4 Life, written by Heather Ledeboer, focuses on the many roles women/moms play in today’s world.
In addition to reviewing Kelly’s entire list of blogs, take some time to scout around the Start-up Princess site. She has a long listing of interviews conducted with entrepreneurs that are worth reading. Check out the interview of Jory Des Jardins, the co-founder of BlogHer, the annual blogging conference for women bloggers that’s grown phenomenally popular.
You’ll find tips and advice, too. One article in particular really resonated with me: Creating a Sticky Note business plan. For those who are visual thinkers the process is perfect. When you think of a business plan most visualize a formal bank document — instead, this exercise allows for free thinking and moving ideas around.
Start up Princess even provides the opportunity for entrepreneurs (Princesses) to meet up with mentors (Fairy Godmothers) and share business and life balance tips for success. It’s more a community than a straight blog.
More in: Women Entrepreneurs