You may recall that a few months back I involved you all in a logo re-design project. The subject logo was for another site I have big plans for, called “Selling to Small Businesses.”
At the time I had been using a free WordPress template and a text based site name — really didn’t have a logo at all. The site looked pretty blah and like something that had been slapped up quickly (see image at left).
So I went to Logoworks and went through the design process there. I also got input from the community here — over 114 comments on one of the posts alone . When you count up the comments on all the different posts as well as the emails and Twitter messages I got, it was over 200 comments total!
After readers like you weighed in, the result was a professional-looking yet informal logo using a red paper clip graphic. The final logo met my needs because it:
- managed to break up the really long domain name (27 letters) into something a human can actually read 🙂
- kept to the red, white and black colors of all my business sites
- is simple and easy to read at a glance
- is businesslike, in keeping with the B2B nature of the site, yet looks a tad informal and not too corporate-ish (hey I’m proud of running a small business)
- fit my bootstrapped budget
I also got the site redesigned to match the new logo, and included some new interactive features.
Thank you SO MUCH for your input — what more can I say about all your help?
Please check out the new logo at Selling to Small Businesses . What do you think?