HANNOVER, Germany (PRESS RELEASE – March 2, 2009) – NETGEAR(R), Inc. , a worldwide provider of technologically innovative, branded networking solutions, today announced ReadyNAS(R) Vault(TM) – its new online backup and disaster-recovery service for consumers and Small- to Medium-sized Businesses (SMBs). Designed to give consumers and SMBs a simple but still enterprise-class solution for Internet- or “cloud-based” data protection, ReadyNAS Vault is available for all versions of its award-winning family of ReadyNAS(R) products. NETGEAR will provide a demo of ReadyNAS Vault and display its full line of ReadyNAS devices at the CeBIT trade show in Hannover, Germany, March 3-8, 2009, in Hall 13, Stand C58 of the Hannover Exhibition Hall.
ReadyNAS Vault is an easy-to-use, cost-effective online backup service built right into all ReadyNAS systems. Consumers and SMBs can regularly and securely copy data to a world-class storage facility and can recover data from any Web browser and any Internet location. Instead of purchasing and maintaining servers, agents and licenses, the necessary software is already tightly integrated into the ReadyNAS storage products, so there is no need for additional infrastructure or upgrades. Backup jobs, individual ReadyNAS systems and recovery tasks are all centrally located in an online console, making managing multiple locations and jobs far simpler. Administrators and resellers alike can use ReadyNAS Vault’s online interface to confirm that backups have taken place, to change to backup tasks and to recover critical files from anywhere on the planet.
“As data becomes even more critical, consumers and businesses alike are increasingly interested in Internet ‘cloud-based’ storage as added insurance for their own storage infrastructure. However, consumers and SMBs have historically lacked the necessary expertise and resources to do so, despite having just as pressing a need as larger businesses,” said Paul Tien, vice president and general manager of NETGEAR’s Network Storage Business Unit. “With the ReadyNAS Vault service, NETGEAR is the first to solve this issue by seamlessly linking cloud-based storage with our entire family of ReadyNAS devices.”
NETGEAR’s ReadyNAS products have received high acclaim since their introduction to the market – winning such esteemed awards as CRN’s 2008 “Best Product of the Year” for storage and Small Business Computing’s 2009 “Excellence in Technology” award for network storage, as chosen by readers. ReadyNAS Vault augments this industry leading product line by enabling consumers and SMBs to protect critical data in the wake of a disaster or disruption. ReadyNAS Vault includes the following features for both consumers and SMBs:
* Web-based Management – SMBs and consumers can check transfer history, modify configurations, change scheduling and select backup sources from any browser-based location in real time. No more waiting on email for logs after the fact, and multiple systems can be managed from a single login.
* Device-integrated Cloud Backup – Many other backup solutions require a server and agents to be installed, managed, maintained, and licensed, but ReadyNAS Vault is built right into the storage device itself. Differential backups, de-duplication and encryption are all automatic, and management requires only a Web browser. This cuts down on costs while increasing reliability, all without adding complexity.
* Continuous Data Protection Options – ReadyNAS Vault can watch for changes in real-time and provide immediate protection for new or modified files. Alternatively, backup jobs can be scheduled to run at specific intervals so that data is moved offsite when it is most convenient for the user. Advanced configuration options for bandwidth consumption and system usage provide complete control.
* Fast Data Recovery – Consumers and SMBs can browse to the files they need and replace them on the ReadyNAS storage platform with a click. There is no need to restore from tapes, no concerns about software versions and no media management hassles – just browse and replace.
* Secure – 128-bit SSL transfer connections ensure that data is kept private and secure during transmission and 256-bit AES encryption delivers additional protection while it sits on cloud storage systems.
ReadyNAS Vault makes backup to an offsite data center simple and affordable enough for both consumers and SMBs. A free 30-day trial of the service is available now on all ReadyNAS systems. U.S. pricing for the ReadyNAS Vault service starts at $5.95 per month for consumers and $19.95 per month for businesses.
About NETGEAR, Inc.
NETGEAR (NASDAQGM: NTGR) designs innovative, branded technology solutions that address the specific networking, storage, and security needs of Small- to Medium-sized Businesses (SMBs) and home users. The company offers an end-to-end networking product portfolio to enable users to share Internet access, peripherals, files, multimedia content, and applications among multiple computers and other Internet-enabled devices. Products are built on a variety of proven technologies such as wireless, Ethernet and powerline, with a focus on reliability and ease-of-use. NETGEAR products are sold in over 29,000 retail locations around the globe, and via more than 41,000 value-added resellers. The company’s headquarters are in San Jose, Calif., with additional offices in 25 countries. NETGEAR is an ENERGY STAR(R) partner. More information is available by visiting www.netgear.com.