Sunnyvale, California (PRESS RELEASE – April 17, 2009) – MyCaption.com Inc., a leading provider of voice-to-data applications, announced today the availability of its flagship product, MyCaption, on
BlackBerry® App WorldTM.
MyCaption enables business users to voice-write their email, memos, tasks, contact notes and calendar entries on a BlackBerry® smartphone from Research In Motion (RIM) (Nasdaq: RIMM). It seamlessly works with productivity applications on a BlackBerry smartphone and converts the user’s voice into usable, actionable data in a timely and accurate manner.
Key features include:
• Support for BlackBerry® Enterprise Server: allows corporations to increase the productivity of their mobile workforce while providing connectivity to enterprise applications through BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Microsoft® Exchange, IBM® Lotus® Domino® and Novell® GroupWise®.
• Support for multiple email accounts.
• Ample dictation time (up to 3 minutes).
• Text Review: an option to edit email text before it is sent.
• Customizable dictionary to fit the user’s vocabulary. This service grows with the user, ‘learning’ profession-specific phrases and acronyms.
“We have received enthusiastic response since we brought our application for BlackBerry smartphones to market”, said Vipul Bhatt, Founder & CEO at MyCaption.com, “With our focus on business user productivity and enterprise application connectivity, we continue to be dedicated to BlackBerry as our exclusive mobile platform. We are excited about BlackBerry App World as a new marketplace for business applications, and are pleased to participate.”
Pricing and Availability
The software is available immediately and works on any BlackBerry smartphone with OS 4.2.1 or higher, including the BlackBerry® StormTM and BlackBerry® BoldTM smartphones. It can be used with all major carriers worldwide. The Starter Edition is exclusively available on BlackBerry App World for $2.99. Other pricing plans are available with information on at www.mycaption.com.
Founded by telecom industry veterans and headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, MyCaption is the first company to bring to market a compact, voice-to-data application to seamlessly blend into all BlackBerry productivity functions. Its flagship product, MyCaption, enables the business user to voice-write email, memos, tasks, and calendar entries. The service synchronizes with Enterprise solutions like Outlook. Timely and accurate, it gives business users a competitive advantage by converting their voice to searchable, actionable data. For more information, please visit http://www.mycaption.com.