ST. LOUIS, Mo. (August 30, 2009) – Berny J. Dohrmann, Chairman and Founder of CEO Space, Inc., will be the keynote speaker at the inaugural U.S. Small Business Conference (http://www.USSmallBusinessConference.com), scheduled for Friday, September 11, and Saturday, September 12, at the Old Hickory Golf Club in St. Peters, Mo. With a theme of “Marketing, Publicity & New Media” the conference will focus on publicity, guerilla marketing tactics, branding and social media, among other topics.
Small business owner Darlene Willman, the CEO and founder of the event, said the conference has been designed to enable attendees to share resources, make connections, and support one another in developing their businesses.
“Statistics show that the 27 million small businesses in this country employ about half of the nation’s private-sector workforce and they generate the majority of innovations that come from American companies, so we should look to them to help bring us out of this recession,” said Willman, who received the Small Business Administration’s “Women in Business Champion of the Year” award in 2008. “One of the biggest challenges that any small business owner faces, however, is how best to promote his or her company. Experts like Berny Dorhmann and others will show them how to excel at promotion and stand out from their competitors.”
Dohrmann founded CEO Space, Inc. about 20 years ago to serve as a new model for executive training. Working in conjunction with the University of Alabama in Hunstville, Dorhmann and the staff of CEO Space have trained thousands of business executives and civic leaders over the years. Among his many other initiatives to improve the way businesses realize their goals is CEO Vision Retreats, in which Dohrmann teams up several times each year with Jeff Magee of Performance Magazine to help senior managers of large, complex organizations better define their strategic plans.
In addition, he has personally coached and mentored T. Harv Eker (Secrets of the Millionaire Mind), Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen (Chicken Soup for the Soul), and collaborated with Bob Proctor (The Secret) and many other successful people. Dohrmann’s father, Alan, was a leader in corporate training as well, coaching such luminaries as Napoleon Hill, Walt Disney, Buckminster Fuller, Earl Nightingale and many others.
“I’m enthused to be part of this conference,” said Dohrmann. “I’ve been fortunate to work with and counsel many business leaders over the years, and small business owners are some of the most progressive, forward-thinking leaders we have in this country. I hope to learn as much from them while sharing the insights and knowledge I’ve acquired.”
Other notable presenters will include:
• Lori Feldman – Known as “The Database Diva,” Feldman specializes in showing business owners how to create more connections, referrals and revenue by using their existing customer lists and online communities. She will teach attendees her five tips to create more business opportunities without spending an additional dime on advertising, hiring new employees or buying more inventory.
• Lewis Howes – Co-author of LinkedWorking: Generating Success on the World’s Largest Professional Networking Website, Lewis helps professionals achieve maximum return on the time they devote to LinkedIn and other networking sites.
• Laura Lake – The author of Consumer Behavior for Dummies, published in May of this year, Lake writes a marketing column for About.com. She has identified five steps in the buying process, and will help attendees learn why consumers buy what they do and how companies can influence their decision to make “you” their choice, whether it’s a product or a service.
Other highlights of the conference will be:
• An award will be presented to “America’s Most Influential Business Connector.” Details and a nomination form are available on the conference Web site.
• Fundraising activities to benefit Kiva.org, which provides unconventional small business loans.
• An exclusive Press Conference Mixer to provide exposure for attendees to local and national media contacts.
• A tribute on Friday evening commemorating the 9/11 tragedy and a tribute to the U.S. armed forces with a silent auction benefiting the USO. Special guests will include Kathy O’Connor, Executive Director of the St. Louis USO, and retired police officer Patrice Mullins, one of the few helicopter pilots allowed in the air during 9/11.
The event runs from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday, September 11 (doors open at 12 pm), and from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, September 12. Attendance for both days is $167 per person. After August 24, the price will be $267. All attendees will receive appetizers on Friday, lunch on Saturday, plus a Connectors Business Directory and a special gift bag valued at more than $100.
A complete description of the conference agenda, times, ticket prices, speakers and benefits is available on the Web site, www.USSmallBusinessConference.com, or by calling (636) 387-3000.
# # #