(PRESS RELEASE – August 6, 2009) — Two weeks ago, we soft launched Avartize.com 0.1 to get user feedback and insights, stress-test our server and program code. In the past weeks we talked to our users, had a closer look to our competitors (Twibbon.com for example) and are improving our product. And we just launched Avartize.com 1.0!
What is Avartize.com? Avartize.com let you set up your own ‘overlay-campaign’. Register at Avartize.com, become an Avartizer and upload your overlay. You get your own URL to promote your overlay. Twitter users can go to your campaign website (http://www.avartize.com/wwf for example), login with oAuth and add the overlay to their current Twitter profile picture. And of course, the can tweet about it (we don’t do this automatically, its up to the user to shout). And, if you don’t want to tell you like Apple any more or support WWF by showing a panda on your profile picture, you can reset your default picture and go back to normal.
The main Avartize.com advantages:
* Safe (login with oAuth instead of giving us your login credentials)
* Reset to basic profile picture
* No auto tweet; its up to you to tweet about it
* Focus on campaigners, the real business instead of causes
* Stats! Now how popular your overlay is
* Upload multiple overlays per campaign
A few examples of campaigns:
* Lowlands (Dutch music festival, promotes to overlay to their visitors): http://avartize.com/exploware
* 3FM Homo100 (Dutch music station promotin the Gay Canal Parade and gay rights): http://avartize.com/homo100
* WWF (Support a panda, show a panda!): http://avartize.com/wwf
Avartize.com is a Dutch startup founded by Annedien Hoen (strategy), Tanja de Bie (design) and Leon Berenschot (code). A week before the soft launch, Jelmer de Jong joined the team to ensure the optimal marketing and business proposition of Avartize.com