(PRESS RELEASE – August 4, 2009) – Social media can be an effective tool for promoting your business or brand. But without a plan for how you’ll use it, you could lose valuable time trying to keep up with an ever-evolving landscape of new information and tools.
An upcoming workshop, Social Media Jumpstart for Women Business Owners and Entrepreneurs, is catering to time-strapped, business women who want to better understand and maximize their use of social media.
Hosted by Public Square Communications, the event will be held on Thursday, August 13, 2009 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Haworth, Inc., located at 575 7th Street, NW in Washington, D.C.
“Women business owners face unique challenges. In addition to running businesses, many are also managing households and parental responsibilities, ” said Judy Lubin, president of Public Square Communications.
Women-owned businesses also tend to have fewer financial and human resources, which makes social media especially attractive to women looking for cost-effective ways to promote their businesses.
Studies show women already outpace men on Twitter, Facebook and other social networking sites.
“As more women use social media for both personal and business purposes, there is growing concern about work-life balance and whether time spent on social media sites can really help them meet their business objectives,” added Lubin.
Her firm specializes in tracking and analyzing social, health and economic trends affecting women. With this data, Lubin has developed both online and offline communications and outreach strategies for national nonprofit organizations, government agencies and businesses.
An author and speaker on women’s empowerment and work-life balance, Lubin started her first blog in 2004. Now she’s using the insights gained from working with clients and personal experience to shorten the learning curve for business women.
The workshop will help participants develop a social media strategy for improving brand visibility, networking and profitability. Topics to be covered include:
– Trends – Understand the driving forces behind social media so you start off on the right foot
– Branding – How to use Twitter, Facebook and other social media tools for branding and building credibility and trust
– Networking – How to connect and build relationships with industry leaders, key influencers and current and prospective clients or customers
– Tracking – Tools to track and evaluate social media efforts and return on engagement (ROE)
– Time Management – How to best manage time on social media to get the results you desire
– Strategy – Work on a social media action plan during the workshop and leave with concrete steps for action
For more information or to register, visit www.publicsquarecom.com/speakingtraining/smjumpstart/