Anyone involved in small business knows it’s a 24-hour/7-day a week occupation. Doesn’t matter if you’re trying to get a start-up off the ground, or trying to get an established business to that next level. It means pouring all your effort into the business.
Creating and maintaining great business relationships in the age of mobile devices, social media and customers who are on the go, isn’t rocket science. And the payoff for investing time on Facebook, Twitter and Linked can be substantial. But it does require a bit of effort, and a willingness to try some new ways of communicating with people.
Thanks to the folks at BlackBerry, Anita and I are excited to announce a four-part webinar series we hope will help small business people like you and me utilize social media, online services and mobility to efficiently reach new customers, while effectively growing relationships we already have with our good customers.
The series – called Small Business Wednesday Webinars – will feature small business professionals and experts sharing best practices, tips, resources and expertise on topics such as:
- Using Social Media to Connect with On-The-Go Customers (update: archived webinar here)
- Using Online Services and Mobile Apps to Save Time and Money
- 5 Ways to Measure The Impact of Your Social Media Activities
- Must-have Technologies for Competing in Today’s Market
Each webinar will be 60 minutes in length.
The series kicks off Wednesday September 23, 2009 at 1:00 pm ET (New York time) with a discussion on using social media to connect with today’s mobile customer. Featured small business professionals for this webinar include Pamela O’Hara of social CRM vendor BatchBlue, and Network Solutions’ Shashi Bellamkonda – also known to many online as the Social Media Swami.
Go here for more information and to register.
We’ll be providing more information on the series shortly. If you’d like to keep up with series developments, here are a few ways to easily do so:
- Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/smbmobility
- Participate in webinar series conversations on Twitter using the #smbmobility hashtag
- Join the #smbmobility group on http://Twubs.com/smbmobility
We hope you’ll have an opportunity to join us the next few Wednesdays as we learn how to utilize these important new tools and strategies to better connect with today’s socially-empowered, on-the-go customer.
Big thank you to BlackBerry
– sponsor of the Wednesday Webinars.