Just like many of you, I like to save money. That’s why I offer so many “Do-It-Yourself Public Relations” products. I’m also always on the lookout for other useful, inexpensive publicity tools.
Here’s a list of tools you can use to get publicity for $1 or less:
1. Help a Reporter: Free leads from reporters who are looking for sources for stories.
2. Contact any Celebrity: One week’s trial for a $1. Get contact information for celebrities, to get potential endorsements.
3. The Gift List: Free trial of a list of media contacts for consumer product companies. This link will also give you a 15% discount should you decide to get a subscription.
4. Contacts on Tap: Free 15-day trial of a media contacts database.
5. Chases Calendar: Free listing of a holiday you can create. This annual calendar is used by media everywhere.
6. Ezinearticles.com: Free directory of articles. Submit yours with a resource box at the bottom to drive traffic to your Web site.
7. Write a guest post or get interviewed or mentioned by a top blogger, with a link to your Web site – free.
8. Win an award – Takes time to submit the award application, but usually no money.
9. Create profiles and use free social media tools including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
10. Set up and write posts on a free WordPress blog platform. These posts often get picked up in search engines, and may be found by reporters searching for sources on specific subjects.
Use these tools and watch your publicity efforts become more successful – for not a lot of money.
* * * * *
About the Author: Margie Zable Fisher is the President of Zable Fisher Public Relations, a small business public relations firm, and is the publisher of Women Business Owners Digest (www.wbodigest.com). To get free publicity opportunities in her weekly newsletter, visit www.zfpr.com.