Atlanta, GA (PRESS RELEASE – February 11, 2010) – Today, Company.com (www.company.com) launches as the new trusted site for more than 20 million business owners and managers, offering them the tools, insight and solutions to make money, save money and grow their businesses. A social community for business, Company.com offers a Questions and Answers network, editorial reviews, customer rankings, exclusive deals, and a vetted vendor marketplace providing solutions targeted specifically to small businesses.
“Even in the best of times, the number of critical decisions faced by small business owners is overwhelming. With today’s economy hitting America’s small and mid-sized businesses the hardest, it is even more important that the business owner know their available options, which solutions are best suited for their needs, and the comfort to know they are putting their trust in a reputable vendor. Company.com is the answer to this challenge, providing viable solutions for business credit, IT, benefits, finance, lead generation and dozens of other categories,” said Company.com CEO and Chairman Bill Wade.
The Company.com vendor marketplace provides personalized vendor comparisons, editorial reviews, Company.com recommendations and, in the future, will offer customer ratings and savings calculators. Vendor participants hail from 50 specific service categories most widely used by small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs), including lead generation, human resources outsourcing and business loans.
Company.com is focused on the unique needs of the SMB to help them:
- To ensure that small business owners are getting the most value for their dollar, Company.com provides side-by-side comparisons of all business needs, from sources of credit and corporate credit cards, to health insurance and 401K plans, to telecom/VOIP and security and backup vendors.
- Company.com subscribers can register to participate in the vendor marketplace, allowing them to benefit from the site’s search engine marketing campaigns and gain immediate exposure to a national audience.
Grow My Business
- In addition to providing access to insight from today’s business thought leaders, Company.com offers businesses ready to expand access to multiple sources of funding and capital.
To connect business owners with a community of entrepreneurs and subject matter experts who can answer their questions in real-time, Company.com also features a Questions and Answers network. The network lets business owners, entrepreneurs and executives talk to each other, helping them communicate directly with potential clients and partners, another source for lead generation.
In addition, through special coupons, exclusive offerings and bundled savings packages via its vendor marketplace partners and distribution partnerships such as On Deck Capital, Inc.; BizFilings; Century Payments; and Hyperoffice, Company.com will empower their subscribers to save in excess of $38,000 on business services accessed through the site’s ecosystem.
“Main Street small businesses need a comprehensive one-stop shop for all the tools required to build and expand their business, and Company.com provides that,” said Mitch Jacobs, CEO On Deck Capital. “Through On Deck’s partnership with Company.com, our customers will gain access to products, services and exclusive discounts that help them save money and overcome the inevitable challenges of running a business.”
Funded by angel investors, Company.com’s leadership includes:
- Bill Wade (Founder, CEO and Chairman of the Board of Directors) – Wade is the former Sage Payment Solutions Vice Chairman. Wade founded Network 1 Financial in his basement in 1989, which later merged with Verus Financial Management. He served as Verus Financial Management’s president, director and corporate secretary prior to its sale to Sage Software for $325,000,000 in 2006.
- Colin Digiaro (Board of Directors, Chairman of the Advisory Committee) – Digiaro has spent his entire career helping to build Internet start-ups, serving SMBs and consumers, and is one of the co-founders of MySpace.
- Nate Davis (Advisory Committee) – Davis brings his telecommunications and business experience as Chief Executive Officer of XM Satellite Radio, President and COO of XO Communications, senior management roles at Nextel and MCI, Board Experience at large public and small private firms, and work his advisory work at Columbia Capital venture investors.
- Ron Verni (Advisory Committee) – As the former President and CEO of Sage Software, Inc. and of Peachtree Software, Verni has served the SMB market for over 20 years.
- and of Peachtree Software, Verni served the SMB market for over 20
“What sets Company.com apart from other sites is its mission to cultivate a community of business owners and experts exchanging ideas and advice. It’s truly a resource to set business owners on the path to success,” said Davis.
“Through our partner relationships, Company.com is able to offer services, deals and discounts tailored for the small business person that are exclusive to registered site users and can’t be found elsewhere, either in stores or on the Web,” Verni added. For more information, visit www.company.com.
Company.com is an online SMB lead generation and business social community that helps businesses save money, make money, and grow. With vetted and qualified vendor participants in more than 50 specific service categories most widely used by SMBs, Company.com makes it easy to procure services from trusted service providers, many times with exclusive deals and at competitive pricing. Company.com’s marketplace provides subscribers personalized vendor comparisons, ratings and reviews, expert advice, and information to help their business select the best products, services and partners to fit their unique needs. The company was founded in 2009 by Bill Wade and several other successful entrepreneurs and has locations in Atlanta, GA, and Palo Alto, CA. For more information, please visit www.company.com.