San Francisco (PRESS RELEASE – February 13, 2010) – C-level executives must now learn to be technologists, on top of business strategists, as technology has become inextricably intertwined with the customer experience, according to Razorfish’s new report, The Razorfish 5: Five Technologies That Will Change Your Business in 2010, released today.
The Razorfish 5 report discusses five technologies that are transforming businesses, including multi-touch and cloud computing. The findings are based on Razorfish’s experience designing and integrating complex technologies for clients around the world.
The report provides predictions for how these technologies will be brought to market in 2010, including how major players will incorporate them in their businesses. For example, Razorfish forecasts:
- Amazon will implement Facebook Connect on its site
- Major nationwide retailers will integrate a multi-touch experiences in every store
- More transactional businesses will be conducted through the cloud, perhaps even stock trading on Facebook and Twitter
“This report will help our clients learn about the crucial technologies that are leading the way to business transformation,” said Ray Velez, chief technology officer at Razorfish. “Mastering these technologies will be necessary for companies to remain competitive in today’s marketplace.”
The report explores the recent advances and upcoming developments of five significant technologies. Key takeaways include:
- As brands go social, cloud services and open APIs will help them tap into the consumer social graphs.
- Reliance on the cloud’s infrastructure will continue to grow as the need for real-time scalability becomes increasingly critical for survival.
- Multi-touch technology, which has already become mainstream in consumer devices, will infiltrate retail and business environments so extensively that it will become expected.
- Improved hardware and connectivity will help mobile make the final transition into cloud-based data that allows the user to learn the world around her in real time.
- Agile and iterative Web development will open new doors for innovation by allowing developers to innovate and adjust products based on immediate customer feedback.
The full report can be viewed at http://razorfish5.razorfish.com. For further discussion on these subjects, follow Ray Velez on Twitter, @rvelez.
Razorfish creates experiences that build businesses. As one of the largest interactive marketing and technology companies in the world, Razorfish helps its clients build better brands by delivering business results through customer experiences.
Razorfish combines the best thought leadership of the consulting world with the leading capabilities of the marketing services industry to support our clients’ business needs, such as launching new products, repositioning a brand or participating in the social world. With a demonstrated commitment to innovation, Razorfish continues to cultivate our expertise in Social Influence Marketing, emerging media, creative design, analytics, technology and user experience.
Razorfish has offices in markets across the United States, and in Australia, China, France, Germany, Japan, Spain and the United Kingdom. Clients include Carnival Cruise Lines, MillerCoors, Levi Strauss & Co., McDonald’s and Starwood Hotels. Razorfish is part of the Publicis Groupe (Euronext Paris: FR0000130577) VivaKi organization. Visit www.razorfish.com for more information. Follow Razorfish on Twitter at @razorfish.