San Francisco, California (PRESS RELEASE – February 14, 2010) -VerticalResponse, Inc., a leading provider of self-service email marketing, online survey and direct mail solutions for small businesses, today announced The ‘New Deal’ for Small Business, a competition amongst small businesses with $10,000 in prizes offered. The competition was inspired by recent media attention of the President’s plea for banks to increase their lending to small businesses and his focus on job creation, which is similar to the New Deal initiative Franklin D. Roosevelt launched in 1933.
Video submissions for The ‘New Deal’ for Small Business competition will be accepted by email (VRNewDeal@verticalresponse.com) from February 8 through March 19, 2010. VerticalResponse will choose the top ten video submissions and publish them on March 22. The shortlisted small business entries will be on the competition page for public voting from March 22 through April 9. The winners will be announced on April 12, 2010 on the VerticalResponse website: www.verticalresponse.com/NewDeal. *Full competition details are included below.
“At VerticalResponse we understand the power that small businesses have to boost our economy and quicken our recovery, which is why we created the ‘New Deal’ competition,” said Janine Popick, CEO of VerticalResponse. “The $10,000 we are giving away to deserving small businesses will help grow their businesses, and may inspire others to renew their commitments to this important group.”
*Full “New Deal” Competition Details:
• Name: The ‘New Deal’ for Small Business, Sponsored by VerticalResponse
• Who Can Enter: Any small business (*as defined by the SBA guidelines)
• How Do I Enter: Create a video of five minutes of your business. Upload your video to YouTube then send the link to VRNewDeal@verticalresponse.com
• Video Guidelines: Your video needs to feature you and your small business, as well as answer three questions:
(1) What does your business do?
(2) What makes you do what you do?
(3) What will you do with the money if you win?
• Submissions Open: February 8 through March 19, 2010
• Voting Held: March 22 through April 9, 2010
• Final Winners Announced: April 12, 2010
• Prizes Offered:
o First Place: $5,000
o Second Place: $2,500
o Third Place: $2,500
Additional details about terms and conditions can be found at the competition website: www.verticalresponse.com/NewDeal and in the YouTube video put together by VerticalResponse’s CEO Janine Popick.
“We can’t wait to see what our customers submit, and look forward to bringing you details and full videos of the final winners on April 12,” said Popick.
VerticalResponse, Inc. is a leading provider of self-service email marketing, online surveys and direct mail services empowering small businesses to easily create, manage and analyze their own direct marketing campaigns. VerticalResponse bundles email, online surveys and postcards to offer customers an integrated Web-based direct marketing solution that’s intuitive and affordable. VerticalResponse is headquartered in San Francisco, California. For additional information, please visit www.verticalresponse.com