New York (PRESS RELEASE – April 21, 2010) — Ernst & Young LLP is calling for applications for its third annual Entrepreneurial Winning Women competition, a program designed to accelerate the growth of high-potential businesses founded by women entrepreneurs.
To obtain an application form, or to nominate a deserving woman entrepreneur, visit: www.ey.com/us/entrepreneurialwinningwomen. The application deadline is June 30, 2010.
The Ernst & Young Entrepreneurial Winning Women program identifies and connects a select group of women entrepreneurs with the advisors, resources and insights they need to accelerate the growth of their businesses. The program is conducted in collaboration with the Women Presidents’ Organization, Women’s Business Enterprise National Council, the Committee of 200 and Babson College.
“Although women are starting businesses at twice the rate of men, they start with much less capital and they don’t grow nearly as large,” noted Maria Pinelli, Americas Director, Strategic Growth Markets, Ernst & Young. “There are many programs focused on helping women start businesses. Our Entrepreneurial Winning Women program targets women entrepreneurs who are already leading successful companies to help them scale up and become market-leaders.”
In becoming part of the Entrepreneurial Winning Women program, the winners join a network of high-growth companies, including accomplished entrepreneurs recognized through the 24-year-old Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Yearâ„¢ program, and participate in a customized program designed to:
- Expand their knowledge with the latest information, research and executive dialogues on business strategies and practices tailored to high-growth companies
- Identify potential partners, strategic alliances, customers and suppliers as well as prospective sources of private capital among selected venture capital and private equity firms
- Access informal, one-to-one guidance and support
- Strengthen their executive leadership and business skills and identify opportunities to grow and scale their companies through meetings with senior advisors and seasoned entrepreneurs who can serve as role models, coaches and mentors
- Increase national and regional visibility for themselves and their companies among corporate executives, investors and the media
Each winner will receive an all-expense paid trip to the Ernst & Young Strategic Growth Forum 2010, which takes place November 10 -14 in Palm Springs, California. The Strategic Growth Forum, dubbed by Forbes.com as one of the “Seven Get-Ahead Executive Retreats,” is a prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies. The Forum presents a one-of-a-kind platform for Ernst & Young Winning Women to introduce their companies and share their corporate and personal brands within a community of established entrepreneurs, top executives, prospective investors and business advisors. All 2010 Winning Women will be recognized at a special celebratory event during the Forum. For more information on the Forum, including speakers from top US companies, visit: www.ey.com/us/strategicgrowthforum.
“Entrepreneurial Winning Women is about investing in my growth as an entrepreneur and not just my current business,” noted Janet Chien, founder and principal of Dyad Systems and a past winner. “Being surrounded by the top echelon of entrepreneurs at the Strategic Growth Forum was profound and motivating. I realized I needed to set higher goals and came away asking myself whether I’m thinking big enough for my company.”
Criteria and Selection:
To apply for the program, applicants must fit the following criteria:
- Woman business owner who is the founder or founding partner of a privately held US company
- Company must have reported at least one full fiscal year of $1 million in sales within the last 2 years
- Venture must be less than 10 years old
- Entrepreneur must be able to attend an orientation/preparation session at Ernst & Young’s headquarters in New York City in mid-September, and the Ernst & Young Strategic Growth Forum, November 10-14, in Palm Springs, CA.
The 2010 Ernst & Young Entrepreneurial Winning Women panel of independent judges – representing successful entrepreneurs, investors and business leaders – will name at least 10 Entrepreneurial Winning Women by August 31, 2010. Applicants will be expected to demonstrate qualities needed to take full advantage of the program, including successes to date that exhibit the creativity, tenacity and plan necessary to realize their companies’ full potential and the confidence and conviction to drive toward market leadership. In addition, Entrepreneurial Winning Women should have the maturity and level of business sophistication needed to interact effectively with potential investors, high-level business advisors and top executives.
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 144,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential.
About Ernst & Young’s Strategic Growth Markets Practice
The Strategic Growth Markets (SGM) practice guides high-growth companies to market leadership worldwide. Our multidisciplinary teams of dedicated professionals provide perspective, advice, and insights to help our clients accelerate their growth. Ernst & Young is the undisputed leader in guiding Russell 2000® companies, IPO-bound companies and Forbes’ largest private companies. SGM delivers assurance, advisory, tax and transaction advisory services to thousands of companies in numerous, selected industries.