San Antonio (PRESS RELEASE – May 7, 2010) – franchisEssentials announces the debut of its’ ‘Legal Eagle Franchise Series’ on the weekly broadcast of Franchise Today which started Thursday, April 29th. This 4-week series, which runs April 29th and May 6th, 13th, and 20th, will feature discussions with leading franchise industry legal experts including:
- Michael Webster, Franchise Attorney and Chairperson of the Strategic Committee of the International Association of Franchisees and Dealers;
- Lane Fisher, Partner at FisherZucker LLC; and a member of the International Franchise Association’s Board of Directors;
- Warren Lee Lewis, Shareholder-Franchising & Licensing at Akerman Senterfitt and Author of The Franchise Seller’s Handbook; and
- Leslie Curran, Franchise Attorney at Plave Koch PLC and Board Member/President-Elect at NAWBO Greater DC.
The show broadcasts live on Thursdays at 12:00 p.m. CDT/ 1:00 p.m. EDT, and can be accessed at: http://blogtalkradio.com/FranchiseTodayShow.
Topics for the series include:
Week 1: 4/29 with Michael Webster
- The purpose of independent franchise associations
- Alternative dispute resolution options within franchising
Week 2: 5/6 with Lane Fisher
- Developing financial performance representations for Federal Disclosure Documents (FDDs)
- The do\’s and don\’ts of utilizing financial performance representations (FPRs)
Week 3: 5/13 with Warren Lee Lewis
- Maintaining compliance throughout the franchise sales process
- Permitted and prohibited franchise sales activities
Week 4: 5/20 with Leslie Curran
- How to utilize franchise brokers while mitigating risk
- IFA Legal Symposium highlights
- Women’s Franchise Network
A precursor to the upcoming IFA (International Franchise Association) Annual Legal Symposium to be held May 16 – 18 at the JW Marriott Hotel in Washington D.C., this series, co-produced by Joe Caruso, a leading expert on franchise best practices and frequent contributor to Franchise Today, seeks to expand upon issues to be discussed at the symposium. Ultimately, Franchise Today seeks to expose those not able to attend the IFA event to similar issues, presented by some of the leading legal professionals in the franchising industry.
The industry-leading show Franchise Today focuses on franchising from an ‘insider’s perspective’ and seeks to aid franchisors in developing more effective methods of attracting today’s more sophisticated and technologically-advanced consumers/franchisees. The broadcast capitalizes on the experience of its’ host, Paul Segreto, CEO and Founder of franchisEssentials. With over twenty years of exclusive service to the franchise industry, and as a proponent of inter-dependent franchise relationships and franchise best practices, Paul includes as guests on Franchise Today, a variety of world-class franchise-industry experts, franchisors, franchisees and technology-driven media experts.
franchiseEssentials, a division of 21st Century CEO, is a franchise marketing and development firm with its focus on integrating Web 2.0 technology with traditional strategies. Paul Segreto, President and Founder of franchisEssentials, brings a unique perspective, entrepreneurial spirit, and extensive industry experience to startup and emerging franchise companies. For over twenty years he has exclusively served the franchise industry as a consultant and coach, senior-level corporate executive, activist, multi-unit franchisee, and area developer. Paul can be contacted at paulsegreto@FMDpro.com, and the company website can be viewed at www.franchisEssentials.com.