Recently I presented a webinar for the Verizon Small Business Center on the topic of SEO (search engine optimization) strategies for your small business. I am not an SEO professional myself, so I called upon a panel of experts for small business SEO tips  which I related during the webinar .
Along with giving some great SEO tips, the expert panel also recommended a reading list with resources and additional articles.
Here is the resource list they recommended so that you can study and learn more about how SEO can improve your online presence:
- SEO Tools  – An outstanding set of tools by Aaron Wall of SEOBook.com. I happen to know that Aaron has invested a lot of capital and effort into developing these sophisticated tools for the community. Highly recommended!
- Bloggers Guide to SEO  – If you have a blog and want to understand enough about search engine optimization to increase your blog’s reach, read this helpful guide. ( It may take a couple of read-throughs if you’re a complete newbie about SEO, but stick with it. You’ll absorb a little more each time you read it. ) Also by Aaron Wall.
- Why Trust Matters and How to Earn It — In recent years, as the Web has grown larger, the concept of “trust” in your site has become more important — trust from human readers and trust from search engines. This article by Matt McGee of Small Business SEM explains what trust means in the context of a website. More importantly, it explains how to make YOUR site a trusted site.
- SEO Success Pyramid graphic  – Also from Matt McGee, this graphic is a companion to the article on trust. It describes visually the many components it takes to develop a trusted site. I recommend you print this graphic out, distribute it to your marketing and tech teams, discuss it in team meetings, and refer back to it from time to time.
- Best Internet Marketing Posts of 2009  – At the end of each year, social media guru Tamar Weinberg pulls together a gigantic “best of” list of blog posts about Internet marketing. Her roundup contains well over 100 articles. A must read!
- Local Business Listing Optimization Guide – If yours is one of the majority of small businesses that gets its customers locally (i.e., within a 50-mile radius), you need to be aware of some special techniques. This Guide is from Vedran Tomic , who happens to be one of our Small Business Trends experts and who goes by the screen handle “SEO Rabbit.”
- List Of Linking Tools  — Getting links to our sites from other quality sites is crucial to search engine position. Widely acknowledged as an expert in the field of link-building, Debra Mastaler suggests this list. Even if you think you know a little bit about building links, I guarantee you’ll see at least one tool you’ve never heard of before but will want to try out. See also Debra’s related article with link building tools .
- 5 Quick Ways to Improve Facebook SEO  – With so many of us spending so much time on Facebook, don’t forget about increasing your company’s (and personal brand) Facebook presence for search purposes. This is a post from here at Small Business Trends that I recommend.
Do you have any articles, tools or resources about SEO that you’d like to recommend? Leave them in a comment below.