San Jose, California (PRESS RELEASE – August 5, 2010) — ProStores, a full-featured customizable ecommerce solution for small- and medium-size businesses, today announced a new version of its online store application—ProStores 10. ProStores 10 offers new and upgraded features to help online merchants easily enhance their store design, manage their store more efficiently, and increase sales.
The highlight of ProStores 10 is Page Builder, a new design tool that makes customizing key store pages simpler than ever. Merchants can now give their store an updated look and feel; drag and drop panels to revamp page layouts; as well as create and automatically display graphical banners tied to scheduled store promotions. In addition, ProStores 10 helps merchant save time by making it easier to navigate, find, and make changes to their catalog, orders, and invoices.
“At ProStores we’re committed to continually updating and improving our product with features that meet the needs of our merchants based on their input and feedback,” said Lin Shearer, head of marketing and revenue for ProStores. “With ProStores 10, we’re making it dramatically easier for merchants to design professional-looking storefronts and drive sales with new merchandising and automated promotions panels. ProStores 10 puts ‘big-retailer’ tools into the hands of growing small and mid-tier merchants.”
ProStores 10 features and enhancements include:
- Page Builder: Allows for easy customization of key storefront pages. Page Builder is a new modular design tool that provides point-and-click selection with drag-and-drop arrangement of page elements, allowing merchants to design and edit page layouts without using custom coding. Page Builder also allows merchants to easily highlight store discounts and promotions with on-store Advertising Banners, which can be displayed automatically based on scheduled promotions.
- Promotions: New functionality provides ability to advertise promotions on storefronts by incorporating images and text. New centralized management allows merchants to build and edit store and product promotions from one central location.
- New Theme: Offers horizontal category navigation and top-level category searches. The feature also offers an updated look and feel for storefronts by including rounded and blended borders, as well as colors around and within panels.
- Invoice Adjustment and Order Entry: Allows for instantaneous editing of orders to meet customer requests before an order is shipped. This saves time, increases efficiency and builds stronger customer relationships.
- Order Management: Gives merchants more flexibility and makes it easier to locate an order quickly, to enter and process phone orders, and to revise orders. It provides enhanced searching, sorting and viewing options as well as the ability to select different batch amounts to view per page.
- Catalog Management: Allows merchants greater search, sort and viewing capabilities, making it easier to manage large catalogs and assign products to categories.
- eBay Integration: Offers merchants greater control over import of product listings from eBay. Merchants can now remove all inbound listings or convert them to products in ProStores in a single action. Merchants can now also synch their inventory between ProStores and eBay Selling Manager Pro.
ProStores, an eBay Company, allows small- and medium-sized businesses to create professional online stores, customized with their own branding and domain name. ProStores was incorporated as an eBay Company in November 2004, followed by eBay’s acquisition of Kurant’s StoreSense technology in January 2005. ProStores launched its full-service ecommerce solution to merchants in June 2005. For more information about ProStores visit www.prostores.com.
About eBay Inc.
Founded in 1995, eBay Inc. connects hundreds of millions of people around the world every day, empowering them to explore new opportunities and innovate together. eBay Inc. does this by providing the Internet platforms of choice for global commerce, payments and communications. Since its inception, eBay Inc. has expanded to include some of the strongest brands in the world, including eBay, PayPal, Skype, StubHub, Shopping.com and others. eBay Inc. is headquartered in San Jose, California.