Long Beach, California (PRESS RELEASE – September 9, 2010) – Epson America, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide, today introduced three multimedia projectors designed to provide businesses with exceptional image quality, convenience, reliability, and affordability. Available at leading retail outlets such as Best Buy, OfficeMax, Staples, Office Depot, and Amazon.com, the Epson EX3200, EX5200 and EX7200 offer advanced and easy-to-use features, including USB Plug ‘n Play instant setup for Windows and Mac that instantly displays images on both the projector and computer by simply connecting a USB cable.
“Small and medium sized businesses are looking for feature packed products that are easy to operate and affordable,” saidJason Meyer, product manager, Epson America. “Epson EX-series projectors provide a host of options, ranging from high-definition WXGA resolution and HDMI connectivity to PC-free presenting, at price points that meet a variety of needs and budgets of business customers.”
All three models offer 2600 lumens of color and white light output for bright presentations and Epson’s latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology for vibrant, true-to-life images. The EX3200 features SVGA resolution, the EX5200 offers sharper images with XGA resolution, and the EX7200 features widescreen WXGA resolution (16:10 aspect ratio), to fully utilize the capabilities of a widescreen notebook and HD content. In addition, the EX5200 and EX7200 offer advanced features including all digital HDMI connectivity for high-definition video and audio and PC-free presentations with direct connection of a USB memory device for viewing jpeg files without a computer.
More about the EX-Series
The Epson EX3200, EX5200 and EX7200 are designed to provide businesses with convenience, reliability and advanced features at an affordable price. Additional details include:
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; the 3LCD light engine efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness.
- Convenient Control: Direct Power On and Off allows for an installed projector to be powered on and off with a flip of a wall switch; Instant On/Off enables presenters to avoid delays when starting and finishing presentations and be up and running in only five seconds; A/V Mute Slide instantly turns off the sound and images to create a quick pause in the presentation, conserving lamp life and energy, and helping to save costs.
- Flexible Positioning: Automatic keystone correction and digital (EX3200) or optical (EX5200 and EX7200) zoom offers greater positioning flexibility and ability to project a clear image from both short and long throw distances.
- Sleek, Lightweight and Travel Friendly: Weighing 5.1 pounds, all three models include a soft carrying case and remote control for ease of use when on the road.
- Extended Lamp Life: Using Epson’s exclusive E-TORL lamp technology, the lamp life can last up to 5,000 hours in economy mode, helping to maximize presentation time.
Availability and Support
The Epson EX3200, EX5200 and EX7200 will be available in September 2010 for $549, $649 and $749 respectively. These models come with a one-year limited warranty that includes two elite technical support services – Epson PrivateLine phone support where projector owners can directly access an expedited support telephone line by using a phone card that is included with the product, and a Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in two business days. For additional information, visit www.epson.com.
About Epson America, Inc.
Epson America, Inc. is a leading provider of an extensive range of printers, 3LCD projectors, scanners and point-of-service printers that are renowned for their high quality, functionality, innovation and energy efficiency. Epson America is a U.S. affiliate of Seiko Epson Corporation, which employs more than 70,000 people in 106 countries around the world. Seiko Epson is committed to its ongoing contributions to the global environment and for the second year in a row has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria.