Alexandria, Virginia (PRESS RELEASE – December 4, 2010) – Bitrix, Inc., a technology trendsetter in business communications solutions, introduces Bitrix Intranet 9.5 – a new version of the social-enabled collaboration suite for small and medium-sized businesses now available from only $499.
Bitrix Intranet 9.5 highlights:
- New product name – Previously known as Bitrix Intranet Portal, the new product name better reflects its nature, business benefits and strengthens its position as an SMB-oriented solution. It also avoids the misapprehension of the word “Portal”, commonly associated with expensive enterprise-level ECM systems.
- Revamped product line – The product is now available in three editions: InfoSpace, TeamSpace and BizSpace ensuring smooth step-by-step technology adoption according to the organization’s readiness to implement internal communication and collaboration tools.
- New look & feel – Bitrix Intranet’s appearance underwent a major reworking and now provides users much better insight into the key intranet functionality. It significantly reduces the learning curve for employees and ensures better workforce performance.
- Extended usability – The Amber Ergonomics concept adds extreme simplicity to the product deployment and management. Click-away editing of content, layout and structure at the front-end lets the organization quickly customize the intranet appearance. The ribbon-style administrative console with an adaptive interface in the back-end enables easy fine tuning of the product.
- Wiki – Organizations can leverage the advantages of global and workgroup-specific wiki-based knowledge bases extended with a WYSIWYG editor, text versioning and roll-back, immediate indexing and user access-rights management. The feature ensures better team collaboration, information availability and continuity.
- Instant search – The integrated D.I.G. engine features instant search in the intranet content with real-time search tips. It allows employees to effectively locate people, documents and titles in file storages, discussions and the organization structure. All the changes in intranet content are indexed immediately and users get search results according to their access rights.
- Simplified document management – Employees can replicate all intranet document storages which they use as a single network drive. A single button click makes public, workgroup-specific, and private storages available for work via the user’s local explorer or file manager.
Bitrix Intranet 9.5 received a number of additional improvements, bolstering its status of a full-featured collaboration suite.
Records management allows creation of custom lists for contacts, catalogs and to provide basic CRM functionality. In addition, organizations can apply specific business processes to records with visual constructor, thus automating routine activity and increasing performance. The e-Learning module supports import of training courses in SCORM format for employee certification and orientation.
Importantly, the trial period is extended to 90 days allowing a more balanced product experience. Source code, well-documented API and developer’s community support add extra value to the product customization, integration and ownership.
About Bitrix, Inc.
Bitrix is a privately-owned company developing a business communications platform to bridge SMBs with their customers (Internet), partners (Extranet) and employees (Intranet). Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Alexandria, VA, Bitrix now incorporates 90+ staff, 40,000+ customers and 4,000+ partners worldwide. The customer list includes Hyundai, Volkswagen, Panasonic, Gazprom, Xerox, PricewaterhouseCoopers, DPD, VTB, Samsung and Cosmopolitan. Localized into 13 languages, the company’s products are distinguished for their pioneering technology, unique security features, extreme performance capacity and unmatched ease-of-use.