Raleigh, North Carolina (PRESS RELEASE – December 15, 2010) – KnowledgeTree, provider of cloud-based document management solutions, announced product enhancements that help small- and mid-sized businesses share content and collaborate more efficiently without restrictions. The upgrades, combined with new subscription packages, enable an unlimited number of users to share and co-author documents and workflows inside and outside their organizations, using the Web or desktop Microsoft Office applications.
According to the Association for Information and Image Management’s State of the ECM Industry study, “Enterprise Content Management is at something of a tipping point. Driven by the need to control content chaos, organizations large and small are looking to impose order through an ECM project. The positive benefits of information sharing and improved collaboration are resonating with decision-makers… Compliance is seen as an added benefit, but the prime driver is the need to maximize employee productivity and enhance their engagement with each other.”
The new KnowledgeTree features include:
- KnowledgeTree for Office: powers content co-authoring and social collaboration from the desktop to the cloud. Microsoft Office users will be able to search, access and work with their KnowledgeTree-hosted content directly from their desktop Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications. The Office Toolbar will let multiple users collaboratively author documents, merge edits and receive alerts about document revisions.
- On-demand sharing: lets users easily share specific content with external, non-KnowledgeTree users on an as-needed basis. This is particularly useful when documents need to be reviewed and edited by external third parties such as attorneys sharing contracts with clients.
- Unlimited users: removes the restrictions usually associated with document management usage within an organization and increases opportunities for document sharing and collaboration. New users can be invited to join by simply providing an email address.
- New subscription packages: provide businesses with a range of pricing and feature options to match their business needs. Pricing starts at $35/month.
- An affiliate promotion program: enables technology services or solutions companies to earn commissions by promoting and selling KnowledgeTree subscriptions via their own websites.
“We needed a document management service that integrates with the Microsoft Office products we use every day,” said Stephen Combs, Vice President Legal of Sharecare, an interactive healthcare social media platform. “The new KnowledgeTree for Office feature will make co-editing and collaboration seamless, which means we’ll spend less time on the process of reviews, editing and approvals, and more time moving our business forward.”
“Document management in the cloud should enhance collaboration among users, not restrict it,” said Daniel Chalef, KnowledgeTree CEO. “We take this seriously and designed these product enhancements to do just that. Unlimited user engagement, on-demand sharing, and better integration with Office are important upgrades that bring real and functional benefits to document management collaboration that just don’t exist elsewhere for SMBs and mid-market companies.”
KnowledgeTree is now available in the Google Chrome Web Store! Users who sign up at the Chrome Web Store will be able to access KnowledgeTree via the Chrome dashboard.
KnowledgeTree makes sharing content and controlling document processes simple with secure, affordable online document management solutions for growing SMBs and departments at larger companies. Designed for business professionals, KnowledgeTree is easy to use, does not require extensive training and enables content to be accessed and managed anytime, anywhere via cloud computing. Rich and open APIs allow for seamless integration of popular third party business applications.
KnowledgeTree accelerates return on investment by streamlining document-centric business processes and increasing collaboration with workflow, document alerts, version control and full transaction histories. KnowledgeTree is headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina.