We are delighted to officially announce the winners of the 2010 Small Business Book Awards, Reader’s Choice edition, here at Small Business Trends.
About the Awards
This year — our 3rd year — the Awards were more exciting than ever, with outstanding support from the small business community. We set up a voting site using the same Pligg platform that we use for our social bookmarking site, BizSugar.com, but customized for one-click voting. Books were nominated by a combination of our Book Editors and by the community.
Of the 110 books nominated this year, nearly 60 nominations came from YOU — the community. Over 41,000 votes were cast – more than 10 times the number last year. It’s a real testament to the support given to the authors of these books. That support is especially important because most of the authors are themselves entrepreneurs and small business owners.
The year, we are recognizing the Top 10 winners overall, as well as the top 3 winners in each of the six categories.
Without further ado, here are the Top 10 Winners overall:
- The Highest Calling — Author: Larry Janesky
- Social Media Marketing — Author: Liana Evans
- The 24-Hour Customer — Author: Adrian C. Ott
- A Cup of Cappuccino for the Entrepreneur’s Spirit Women Entrepreneurs’ Edition — Authors: Jeretta Horn Nord, Lou C. Kerr
- The Wealthy Freelancer — Authors: Steve Slaunwhite, Pete Savage, Ed Gandia
- Defy Gravity — Author: Rebel Brown
- The Last Original Idea — Authors: Alan K’necht, Geri Rockstein
- 31 Days to Greeting Card Marketing Mastery — Author: Bruce Brown
- The Termite Effect — Author: Shawn Brodof
- Internet Marketing From The Real Experts — Authors: Shawn Collins, Missy Ward
And following are the category winners — top 3 — in each of the six categories.
- Interstate 69 — Author: Matt Dellinger
- Predictably Irrational — Author: Dan Ariely
- The Economics of Integrity — Author: Anna Bernasek
Human Resources Books:
- Getting to the Top — Author: Kathryn Ullrich
- Carrots and Sticks Don’t Work — Author: Paul Marciano
- Drive — Author: Daniel Pink
- A Cup of Cappuccino for the Entrepreneur’s Spirit Women Entrepreneurs’ Edition
- The Wealthy Freelancer
- Become Your Own Boss in 12 Months — Author: Melinda Emerson
Social Media Books:
- Social Media Marketing
- UNMarketing — Author: Scott Stratten
- Engage — Author: Brian Solis
- The 24-Hour Customer
- The Last Original Idea
- 31 Days to Greeting Card Marketing Mastery
- The Highest Calling
- Defy Gravity
- The Termite Effect
Winners’ and Nominees’ Badges
As a top 10 winner, a category winner or a nominee, you have earned the right to display a badge indicating your participation. We’ve created different sets of badges, depending on your participation level:
Go here for a Top 10 Winner badge.
Go here for a Category Winner badge.
Go here for a Nominee badge (all 110 books participating have the right to display this badge).
Congratulations to all who participated in the 2010 Small Business Book Awards. Here’s wishing the authors the best of success — and wishing the rest of you “happy reading.”
DON’T MISS OUR EDITORS’ CHOICE AWARDS 2010 – BEST SMALL BUSINESS BOOKS. After allowing the community to vote, our Editors got their chance at voting for the best small business books.