New York (PRESS RELEASE – January 30, 2011) – Newtek Business Services, NASDAQ: NEWT, The Small Business Authority, announced today the launch of its live radio broadcast from “The Small Business Authority Studio” at 77WABC Radio in New York. The program, The Small Business Authority Hour, will be hosted by Barry Sloane, CEO, President and Chairman and Newtek Business Services and debut on Saturday, February 5th, 2011 following the popular Monica Crowley Show.
“Business owners have all suffered through the 2008-2010 economic decline. The Small Business Authority Hour will engage businesses all across the nation through its monthly radio show in order to renew vigor, optimism and entrepreneurial spirit,” remarked Sloane. “Our goal and mission will be to work with all small business owners and help them enhance winning positions in the marketplace.”
The Small Business Authority Hour will focus on issues that small and independent business owners care about, including:
· Growing one’s revenues
· Reducing business expenses
· Reducing business risk
· Providing health care for small business employees
· Offering correct eCommerce platforms and solutions
· Arranging capital and small business loans
· Making the most of mobile applications and mobile payments
· Using cloud computing
· Tax positioning for small business
· The Small Business economy generally
· News of special interest to small businesses
· Government regulations effecting small business
· Other timely small business events and personalities
The initial program will feature three winning independent business owners:
Samantha Strain President and CEO of Dental Divas has eight years of experience in the wholesale, technology and equipment sector within the dental industry. She founded Dental Divas alongside women dentists in her community and created a unique platform for dentists, centered on combining resources and supporting one another. DentalDivasOnline.com recently launched to connect members throughout the nation and has created a strong, reliable network for women dentists to share valuable peer-to-peer advice and pertinent information ranging from smart business tips and industry updates, to maternity leave fill-ins and job opportunities.
Alexandra Lebenthal is the founder and CEO of Alexandra & James Co LLC, a multi family office which also included its broker dealer, Lebenthal & Company, LLC. The firm was founded as a woman owned firm in 2007 after the sale of Ms. Lebenthal’s family firm, also called Lebenthal. The company is both a wealth management firm as well as active participant in capital markets transactions. Ms. Lebenthal is a well-known member of the New York business community and active participant in the philanthropic world. She is also a contributing editor for New York Social Diary and the author of “The Recessionistas”, published in August, 2010.
Gregg Mercede, President and CEO of the Greenwich Avenue Car Wash have led a diverse business career. He founded a successful IT Business in 1993, and was then hired as Vice President of Services for a software company which grew to over 400 employees. Gregg has automated hundreds of businesses through software technology and consulting. Gregg has over 20+ years of experience in information technologies, customer service, accounting, real estate, construction and software development. His vision for the Greenwich Avenue Car Wash was to provide the most complete car cleaning services around. Mr. Mercede owns and operates the most environmentally sustainable car wash in the region and one of the most energy efficient small businesses in the area.
Staples of the The Small Business Authority Hour will be discussion of the latest news for small businesses, as well as focus on the SB authority small business index and the SB authority market sentiment survey. These market benchmarks for small business economic activity will be vetted and analyzed so the business owners can position and prepare their own companies for today’s market and the market of the future.
The Small Business Authority Hour will have on its March 5th, 2011 show, a broad discussion on small business health care issues with a special guest, from Humana Inc, Jerry Ganoni, President of Humana Small Business. Humana Inc. is the fourth largest health insurance company in the United States. Mr. Ganoni will be available to discuss health insurance for small business owners and take questions from listeners. The Small Business Authority Hour will have on its April 2nd, 2011 show, Bill Hampel, Chief Economist for the Credit Union National Association (CUNA), to discuss the small business lending environment. Mr. Hampel will also be available to discuss business owners’ historic forms of financing as well as the future of small business finance.
President and CEO, Barry Sloane said, “The Small Business Authority Hour will be great listening for small and independent business owners that need real time accurate information, data, and state-of-the-art developments to help their business grow and profit. This show is an extension of our corporate mission to help small business owners nationally and to further our position as The Small Business Authority”.
About Newtek Business Services, Inc.
Newtek Business Services, The Small Business Authority, provides the following products and services:
· Electronic Payment Processing: eCommerce, electronic solutions to accept non-cash payments, including credit and debit cards, check conversion, remote deposit capture, ACH processing, and electronic gift and loyalty card programs.
· Web Hosting: Full-service web host which offers eCommerce solutions, shared and dedicated web hosting and related services including domain registration and online shopping cart tools.
· eCommerce: A suite of services that enable small businesses to get up and running on-line quickly and cost effectively, with integrated web design, payment processing and shopping cart services.
· Business Lending: Broad array of lending products including SBA 7(a) and SBA 504 loans.
· Insurance Services: Commercial and personal lines of insurance, including health and employee benefits in all 50 states, working with over 40 insurance carriers.
· Web Services: Customized web design and development services.
· Data Backup, Storage and Retrieval: Fast, secure, off-site data backup, storage and retrieval designed to meet the specific regulatory and compliance needs of any business.
· Accounts Receivable Financing: Receivable purchasing and financing services.
· Payroll: Complete payroll management and processing services.
Newtek Business Services, Inc., The Small Business Authority, is a direct distributor of a wide range of business services and financial products to the small- and medium-sized business market under the Newtek brand. Since 1999, Newtek has helped small- and medium-sized business owners realize their potential by providing them with the essential tools needed to manage and grow their businesses and to compete effectively in today’s marketplace. Newtek provides its services to over 100,000 business accounts and has positioned the Newtek brand as a one-stop-shop provider of such business services. According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, there are over 29.6 million small businesses in the United States, which in total represent 99.7% of all employer firms.