Grapevine, Texas (PRESS RELEASE – February 25, 2011) – Alt-N Technologies announced the immediate availability of MDaemon Messaging Server, BlackBerry Edition – a new edition of the popular low cost Windows-based MDaemon email and messaging server. The new edition integrates wireless synchronization, security, management and control features for BlackBerry smartphones and is available as a single software download. MDaemon Messaging Server, BlackBerry Edition is an all-in-one email and messaging solution that makes it easy and affordable for small-to-mid-sized businesses to provide their employees with secure access to email, calendar and contacts from almost anywhere via the desktop, the web and BlackBerry smartphones.
“MDaemon Messaging Server, BlackBerry Edition is an all-in-one messaging and wireless server that is easy to set up, easy to use, secure, and very affordable,” said Arvel Hathcock, Founder and CEO of Alt-N Technologies. “It’s ideal for both new and established businesses that want the benefits of more advanced smartphone features, controls, security and management.”
“MDaemon Messaging Server, BlackBerry Edition brings together proven strengths of Alt-N’s MDaemon technology and RIM’s BlackBerry enterprise technology, yielding a secure and reliable mobile communications solution for small and mid-sized businesses,” said Peter Devenyi, Vice President, Communications Platform Group at Research In Motion.
Key wireless features include:
- Email instantly pushed to the user’s BlackBerry smartphone via BlackBerry push technology
- Wirelessly synchronized calendar, contacts, email folders and personal distribution lists between the MDaemon messaging server and BlackBerry smartphones
- Flag an email for follow-up from a BlackBerry smartphone
- Send and respond to meeting invitations from a BlackBerry smartphone
- Look up a colleague’s calendar availability from a BlackBerry smartphone
- Edit attachments using Documents To Go on a BlackBerry smartphone
- Search for emails on the MDaemon Messaging Server from a BlackBerry smartphone
- IT policy management and controls for BlackBerry smartphones; designed for small-to-mid-sized business environments
- Remote lock or wipe of a BlackBerry smartphone’s content in the event that the device is lost or stolen
- Integrated MDaemon Instant Messaging for complete and flexible inter-office communications
- Encrypted data transmission between BlackBerry smartphones and the messaging server using Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) and Triple Data Encryption Standard (Triple DES)
MDaemon Messaging Server, BlackBerry Edition is easily installed in as little as 30 minutes by running a single installation wizard to set up both the server and BlackBerry smartphones. The solution includes a management console for directly or remotely securing, managing and controlling both email and BlackBerry smartphone functionality.
Pricing starts at US$380 for a six user license. It works with any BlackBerry personal or business service plan that includes email access. It can be installed on a server running Windows 7, Windows 2008, Windows Vista or Windows 2003, or on a desktop computer running Windows XP.
MDaemon Messaging Server, BlackBerry Edition is available starting today in over 40 countries and seven languages, including English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, and Japanese.
About Alt-N Technologies
Alt-N Technologies, a subsidiary of Research In Motion (Nasdaq: RIMM; TSX: RIM), develops affordable and secure messaging and collaboration solutions designed for, and trusted by, small-to-medium businesses in over 90 countries and 25 languages worldwide. The company’s flagship solutions, the MDaemon Messaging Server for Windows and the SecurityGateway for Exchange/SMTP Servers, install in minutes, include the latest email security technologies, and require minimal support and administration to operate and maintain. The company uses a network of global distributors and resellers for the sales and support of its products.