Laguna Niguel, California (PRESS RELEASE – April 5, 2011) – While the “Deal of the Day” craze is popping up everywhere, from your online news sources to your favorite online shopping spots, and thanks to the growing popularity of Groupon, Iconosys releases a tool for small businesses owners, entrepreneurs, and the self-employed to be able to promote their special deals on a daily (or even up-to-the-minute) basis to their networks of Facebook friends, twitter followers and other social networking contacts.
In November 2010, Iconosys released its Black Flyday app for shopping teams and individuals, enabling them to share, search, and compare deal shopping information. Deal Buzzer builds on the Black Flyday Facebook integration, adding more features that make the app more suitable for a wide range of small businesses and small business owners.
“It’s truly exciting to see so many online retailers and offline retailers using the ‘Deal of the Day’ concept,” commented Wayne Irving II, co-inventor of Black Flyday™ and Iconosys CEO and co-Founder. “Building on the success and positive reception we had with Black Flyday,™ we thought it made abundant good sense to create a new app that allows the ‘Deal of the Day’ promoter or advocate to rapidly and seamlessly run their campaigns through the very powerful social networking infrastructure on today’s world wide web.”
To highlight several of the new app’s most important features:
- Deal Buzzer posts your dinner, sandwich, service special, or other retail deal to your business or personal Facebook wall, and with a touch of a single button, on to your Smartphone, tablet or other device.
- Deal Buzzer includes a photograph of your deal — this can be a stock image, such as a digital coupon or promotional graphic, or it could possibly be a picture of the item that is on special (e.g. car, meal, real estate, or any other representation of your deal that is being promoted)
- Pre-store common fields, so that your Facebook posted deals are more portable, more consistent in terms of formatting, and more professional in appearance.
- Facebook friends are integrated into the application, so that users, if they so wish, can share the deals they are “buzzing” about in real-time and with a potentially global reach.
- Iconosys’ proprietary Where am I? reverse lookup technology is built in so that you know where you are when posting your deals/you can pinpoint your current physical location address so as to make it easier for everyone to find you and, ultimately, to close that important deal.
- Deal Buzzer App is available in English as well as Spanish on the Android market and from Motorola’s Shop4Apps in Mexico.
“The bottom line is that people love deals. Wouldn’t it be great if we used social networking to keep our friends in the know about our up-to-the-minute specials and deals? My friends and clients that are Facebook friends are just that at least in part because they have an interest to keeping up with what I am doing. What better way to promote and share immediate opportunities, while helping my sales and maintaining my visibility and regular contact with the important people in my business and social network,” added Irving.
About Iconosys, Inc.
Iconosys, Inc., has developed a series of innovative technologies and technical methods to enhance a smart device’s security, location or tracking capabilities through enhanced, low battery consumption, proprietary GPS technology, and the ability to Tether Together™ multiple smart devices to share processing loads and/or maintain connectivity between devices for the purpose of providing personal and/or family safety.
Additionally, Iconosys was the inventor/innovator of newer SMS marketing tools, which were incorporated in the recently published Mobile Marketing Associations Advertising Guidelines.
Iconosys and its CEO, Wayne Irving II have pioneered various next-generation telecom concepts and are committed to building life-saving and live-enhancing products for mobile and stationary devices.
Iconosys continues to collaborate and work with such industry leaders as Motorola and Verizon, as well as with other manufacturers and carriers, in maintaining its position as an innovator and its leadership role in the area of new product development. Most recently, its products were showcased at the Motorola Booth at the CTIA Wireless Conference in Orlando, Florida, held March 21-24, 2011.