New York (PRESS RELEASE – May 12, 2011) – In honor of National Small Business Week, Experian, the leading global information services company, announced its Pay it Forward program. This new program allows small-business owners to help fellow small businesses, colleagues, vendors and partners boost their marketing efforts.
Additionally, throughout May small-business owners can download a free ebook entitled Business Credit: What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You, which discusses the fundamentals of business credit and provides tips on managing a healthy business credit profile. Small-business owners also can view their company’s business credit report for free at SmartBusinessReports.com/SmallBusinessWeek during National Small Business Week (May 16–20).
“Many small businesses want to have better business relationships with their customers but aren’t sure where or how to get started,” said Denise Hopkins, vice president of Experian’s Small Business Services. “Experian offers a variety of products to help small businesses with start-up challenges, day-to-day operations and ongoing customer relationship building. These offerings, paired with the services for credit management, deliver a full range of tools to meet the diverse needs of a small-business owner.”
Experian is committed to helping U.S. small businesses succeed by providing tools and services designed specifically to meet their needs, including:
- Pay it Forward — a campaign allowing small-business owners to jump-start their marketing efforts by receiving $250 in Experian small-business marketing services discounts when referred by others
- Email marketing tools — Easy-to-use and customized for small business, email tools help businesses stay in front of customers, reach prospects and increase engagement through a variety of predesigned templates and guidance on best practices
- Business Credit Advantage(SM) — a subscription-based credit monitoring plan that provides unlimited access to commercial credit reports, enabling business owners to track business changes, manage their credit and guard their business against identity theft
- BusinessCreditFacts — an online resource designed to help small-business owners gain a greater understanding of the many topics dealing with business credit
- Screening services — an online tool to help with credit screening, customer verification and collection activities
Experian is the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to clients in more than 90 countries. The company helps businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. Experian also helps individuals to check their credit report and credit score and protect against identity theft.
Experian plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index. Total revenue for the year ended March 31, 2010, was $3.9 billion. Experian employs approximately 15,000 people in 40 countries and has its corporate headquarters in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; Costa Mesa, California; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.More in: Small Business Growth