Minneapolis (PRESS RELEASE – May 1, 2011) – Elan Financial Services, the nation’s leading agent credit card issuer, is helping small businesses make smarter decisions about the financial operations of their business with an online reporting tool called ScoreBoard. The tool provides trending and reporting data that allows customers to monitor their own credit card spending and compare their card sales data to industry trends.
ScoreBoard is an application available to Elan small business credit cardholders and to merchant customers who process credit, debit and electronic check transactions through Elavon Merchant Services.
Accessible through Elan’s online account access tools, ScoreBoard features easy-to-read charts and graphs that provide a monthly snapshot of the cardholder’s credit card purchases and payments. It also gives customers insight into their merchant accounts, tracking sales transactions when customers use a card for payment of goods and services. In addition, businesses can use ScoreBoard to download customizable reports for their specific needs.
ScoreBoard gives Elan business cardholders the ability to:
- Monitor card spending by an individual employee cardholder or for their entire business.
- Review transactions over various time periods and categories, such as travel, office supplies, home improvement and gas purchases.
- Examine their purchase activity by volume, average ticket price or merchant name.
Merchants who process their payments through Elavon Merchant Services can use ScoreBoard to:
- Review sales by volume, average ticket price, or payment type over various time periods.
- Determine their growth rate for card sales over a selected period of time.
- Benchmark their card sales performance against other small businesses in their industry or geographic area by looking at ScoreBoard’s overview of consumer spending trends.
“ScoreBoard is unique because it gives our small business customers the ability to easily monitor their own spending and gain insight into how their sales trends compare to similar merchants in their business category or in their region,” said Deanna Corona, Elan Financial Services senior vice president. “They can access meaningful card spending data online and produce customized reports with just a few clicks of their mouse using ScoreBoard.”
Barlow Research Associates, Inc. recently honored ScoreBoard with a 2011 Monarch Innovation Award. Barlow provides worldwide research and consulting services for the banking industry, and began the Monarch Innovation Award program in 2007.
About Elan Financial Services
Elan Financial Services provides a complete range of processing and payments services, including credit card issuing, prepaid card solutions and ATM and debit card processing. Elan Financial Services is a leading credit card issuer for more than 2,000 clients in 50 states. It provides transaction processing, terminal driving and the necessary monitoring and support services for over 27,000 ATMs nationwide, and supports more than 20 million ATM and debit cards. Elan also owns and operates the MoneyPass surcharge free ATM network.