If real estate agents claim location, location, location, then business owners might have to say inbox, inbox, inbox. That’s where many of us live. This Constant Contact review is for the business owner who is “wearing too many hats” and needs a marketing lifeline with this all-in-one marketing package. They offer more than just email marketing.
First, I’ve found a big difference in the way Constant Contact approaches small business marketing. They call their approach Engagement Marketing,™ but it really boils down to growing customer relationships. I’ve used their web-based email marketing platform on client projects and the part that has always amazed me is their educational focus, including free coaching with a real live person. I don’t mean just tech support or customer service, although they have that. I mean you can get on the phone with a person who is trained in marketing and sales that can coach you on what to do and how to do it. That’s pretty cool.
What I like:
- I like that they have email marketing, social media marketing, event marketing, online surveys, and now Daily Deals type offers with a service called SaveLocal ™.
- Just below the fold (scroll down just a bit) on the home page you’ll find great industry examples that can be helpful if you’re looking to see if there are others like you using it.
- The Social Media Marketing part is great because most of the time we think we “get” how to do a social media campaign on Facebook. But Constant Contact doesn’t assume you know how and offers some easy to follow tutorials and resources very near the “Create Your First Social Campaign.”
What I’d like to see:
- I’ve struggled a bit with their email templates and saving templates to create a new copy of an email newsletter. It could be because I was technically a user on a client’s account and without full admin privileges I lacked the power tools needed to get the job done. Maybe the ability to save a series of templates by date.
- Even though I’ve read about the daily deals program SaveLocal in other places, I couldn’t find it in my admin dashboard along with the other tools. I think it should be accessible from that main dashboard, even if it takes me to another component of the site.
Constant Contact is working hard to be a one-stop source of tools and educational resources. From the little things, such as letting you know right upfront how long it will take to complete a specific resource to the bigger things like coaching you through an entire campaign or process. If you’ve been looking for a solution that’s friendly for small business owners on a budget of both money and time, Constant Contact is worth a serious look.
Learn more about Constant Contact.