BELLEVUE, Wash., Aug. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Synology America Corp. today announced the public release of its award-winning DiskStation Manager (DSM) operating system. In common with previous iterations, DSM 4.1 continues Synology’s tradition of enhancing existing features and tools, and adding new ones – bringing additional value to existing and new customers alike.
“DSM 4.1 is an exciting release for us, with something for nearly everyone,” said Jason Bonoan, Product Marketing Manager at Synology America Corp. “This release continues our tradition of bringing a host of new benefits to our customers without additional cost.”
In DSM 4.1, Synology is proud to have improved support for VMware® vSphere 5 with support for vStorage APIs for Array Integration (VAAI) on the XS series. Synology’s VAAI support includes Full Copy, Zero Blocks, Thin Provisioning, and Atomic Test and Set (ATS) in order to optimize performance for virtual infrastructures.
Other business-friendly improvements include:
- Cloud Station is upgraded to sync files up to 5GB each, up to 2 shared folders, and improve security with HTTPS tunneling
- Mail Station is upgraded to allow for multiple domains, relay service, spam filter, and auto-reply
- FTP service is enhanced with support for SFTP and FXP
- Shared Folder Sync now allows for multiple source servers to one destination server
- Increased administrative control to allow prioritizing and throttling by user, group, and service
The Surveillance Station package has been updated with an improved interface and additional features. Live View Analytics now offers additional detection tools including an object counter, a virtual trip wire, and an idle timer. The playback interface has also been updated to simplify locating specific motion events.
Multimedia hosting gets a number of improvements:
- Video Station is launched to organize and stream video, and supports streaming to iOS devices
- Photo Station introduces Timeline to arrange photos chronologically with geotagging
- Audio Station now allows for personal libraries
- Remote access is improved with the release of DS audio and DS photo+ for Windows Phone, and DS video for iOS devices
To see what all DSM 4.1 has to offer, please see here: http://www.synology.com/dsm/index.php?lang=us
Founded in April of 2000, Synology Inc. is a leader in next-generation Network Attached Storage (NAS) servers for the home and small to medium-sized business markets. Specializing in both hardware and software for network attached storage devices, Synology products are feature-rich, easy-to-use, energy-efficient, reliable and affordable. All Synology product investments are enhanced with product warranties, free software upgrades and 24/7 online support. Visit http://www.synology.com for more information
Synology has a global presence with regional offices in the US (Bellevue, Washington), and the UK (London, England), Germany (Dusseldorf), and Taiwan (Taipei).
Synology America Corp.
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE Synology America Corp.