Managing deals in your sales pipeline might be a bit more time-consuming than you would like. There are customer relationship management tools, sales force management, sales tracking, and apps and tools to fill your holiday basket, not to mention your busy day. Stride is a new web-based application that I’ve fallen in love with — an elegant and simple way to track sales prospects and deal flow.
Although I run a small content production company, I value the real-time collaboration aspect of Stride. I can work together with my small team on deals, assign tasks, and comment (read: encourage, nurture, coach) — as it happens. It isn’t meant to be a project management tool, but it covers some of that without overloading me. Adding a team member is easy and it is possible to remove that team member without a hassle.
What I really like:
- The simple email I receive on Monday morning that reminds me of deals I have in my pipeline.
- I like that I can manage 10 deals on the free plan.
- You can have unlimited users on every plan.
As you can see in the dashboard screenshot below, I can get a pretty good look at what’s in my pipeline and what it is worth to my business. Sure, I have to add the details, but I don’t have to fill out 23 fields to get there. It is simple and that’s the beauty; it really works for small business owners on the path to building an empire. I can instantly see that 53 percent of my deal flow is on hold (the orange color in the first circle image). That should awaken any business owner about sales progress.
You cannot see it here, but a simple drop-down menu exists when you have team members, as many as you want, under your main account. You get the same level of metrics for each one of your team.
What I would like to see:
- This is a small thing, but if and when you have to put a deal on hold — the system grays it out. I’d like to see something that shows that “hold” more boldly. Although that lighter grayed-out aspect in my deals list makes me wonder what happened and motivates me to figure out how to reconnect with that prospect.
- I think it would also be helpful to be able to add a team member to a deal that is in my main account. Right now, you can have team members and see their deals, which is terrific. You actually can assign a deal to a team member by going into their account (an easy drop down, by the way). I’d like to be able to assign a deal or transfer it to a team member from within my main dashboard. To be fair, they made it easy enough to just start a new one under that team member’s account; it only took seconds for me to do that.
If you have tried many, or any, of the big sales management tools on the market and find yourself overwhelmed and unable to get any closer to managing your sales process, give Stride a look. For the small business owner who needs a simple sales software to get organized, this app makes it easy and affordable. You can get a lot for your money and time.
And, best of all, you can help your sales people succeed by getting a fast overview of their pipeline. Premium plans start at $9/month for 20 active deals.