If you’re looking for a bargain that will help your business go mobile more quickly, this could be it. NVIDIA shared  more details about its anticipated 7-inch Tegra Note on the official NVIDIA blog recently.
But the one detail grabbing most of the attention will likely be the price: $199.
Tegra Note Not the Perfect Machine
NVIDIA says the device’s Tegra 4 processor — successor to the Tegra 3 processor that powered the Google Nexus 7 — will make it “the fastest 7-inch tablet in the world.”
However, if photo and video capability are important in your mobile device, the Tegra Note’s 5 megapixel rear camera doesn’t compare with, say, the 13 megapixel camera of the Samsung Note 3 .
And, of course, if you’d prefer a Windows device for compatibility with the rest of your office environment, the new Tegra Note is powered by Android.
Other Important Features
Still, the new device will offer:
- A larger screen than phablets like the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (7-inches as opposed to 5.7 inches),
- A very competitive price for devices so far in the tablet market,
- 16 GB of expandable storage capacity,
- 10 hours of battery power even when playing HD video,
- A flexible stylus the company stresses will be effective for note-taking.
In the post on NVIDIA’s official blog, Tegra Director of Product Marketing, Matt Wuebbling said the tablet would likely be available in the U.S. in the next few months.
But, if you’re looking for tablet options for your small business, you may want to wait. New Windows tablets may also be coming soon from Nokia , and even Dell . And it remains to be seen whether new lower prices in the industry may be becoming the norm.