Welcome to our latest curated list of events, contests and awards for small businesses, solo entrepreneurs and growing companies. To see a full list or to submit your own event, contest or award listing, visit the Small Business Events Calendar.
Featured Events, Contests and Awards
Twitter Chat Hosted by HP – #NewStyleIT
Online, October 16, 2013
Join in to a live text chat on Twitter, from 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm EST, on October 16th. We’re going to be discussing how to use mobile and cloud technology to allow employees to work when they want, where they want, how they want. Your employees want to use their own devices — especially tablets and smartphones. But that can pose security issues. It also requires that connecting technologies work well with various devices – for instance, software needs to work seamlessly. And when it comes to printing, there are variety of efficiency advantages, such as direct mobile to print, or direct connection from cloud storage services such as HP Flow CM, Box.net or Google Docs. If you’re not familiar with the latest technologies, you may be surprised at what you can do.
At the appointed time, just go to Twitter.com, and search on the hashtag #NewStyleIT to see who is participating and follow the discussion. And to join in, just start tweeting with the hashtag #NewStyleIT in your tweets. See you there!
Twitter hashtag: #NEWStyleIT.
Small Business Influencer Awards Gala 2013
New York, NY, October 17, 2013
The 2013 Small Business Influencer Awards recognize the apps, organizations and people who have a strong impact on small businesses in North America. Now its 3rd year, the Awards are a coveted recognition for those who serve small businesses. Join us in New York City on the evening of October 17th for a night of networking with movers and shakers in the small business and entrepreneurial world. We will be handing out Awards and recognizing the winners, too. But you don’t need to be an Award winner to participate — just join in for the fun and to make important connections.
Twitter hashtag: #SMBinfluencer.
- The BIT Roadshow – Sydney
October 15, 2013, Sydney, New South Wales
- JumpStart Your Accounting StartUp
October 15, 2013, Online
- Small Business Expo 2013 – Boston
October 17, 2013, Boston, MA
- ISSME World Conference 2013 (Linkages for SME Development)
October 18, 2013, Delhi, India
- Pubcon Las Vegas
October 22, 2013, Las Vegas, NV
- The BIT Roadshow – Melbourne
October 22, 2013, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- NYC Business Networking Social
October 22, 2013, New York CIty, NY
- The International Conference on Digital Information Processing, E-Business and Cloud Computing (DIPECC2013)
October 23, 2013, Dubai, UAE
- How to Sell a Product to Major Chain Store Retailers
October 23, 2013, Online
- Small Business Convention Presented by COSE
October 24, 2013, Sandusky, OH
- Thriving Firm Talks – Rethinking for Accounting Firms
October 25, 2013, San Diego, CA
- Thriving Firm Workshop – A Reboot for Accounting Professional
October 28, 2013, San Diego, CA
- Rooting Wealth
October 30, 2013, Little Rock, AR
- Corporate Treasury & Cash Management Conference
November 01, 2013, Dublin, Ireland
- Breakfast Briefing: “Sustainability in the Airport Corridor”
November 01, 2013, Moon Township, PA
- TechSpeak for Entrepreneurs
November 02, 2013, New York city
- Women of Power Conference
November 07, 2013, Mayfield Heights, OH
- Small Business Expo 2013 – Los Angeles
November 07, 2013, Los Angeles, CA
- Progressive Lunch with the Pittsburgh Airport Area Chamber of Commerce
November 07, 2013, Moon Township, PA
- Chase Mission Main Street Grants
October 31, 2013, Online
- The Citi Salutes: Realizing Your Dream Business Competition
November 08, 2013, Online
This weekly listing of small business events, contests and awards is provided as a community service by Small Business Trends and SmallBizTechnology.
Oooh a Twitter chat event. I am pretty sure that lots of people from all over the world will attend this event. I am excited to meet lots of new people. Who knows? I may be able to learn from them as well. This is also kind of interesting for me because of Twitter’s text limit.