If you’re in need of the mobility of a tablet for business but aren’t impressed with either iPads or Microsoft’s latest crop of Surface devices, don’t worry. Imagine Samsung’s Galaxy Note 3 but as a full-feature tablet including a 10.1-inch screen size. That’s what we’re told to expect from the 2014 edition of the new Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.
The tablet is set to go on sale Oct. 10.
The Android device is expected to start at $550.
New Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Specs
The new Samsung Galaxy Note tablet:
- Includes a 2560-by-1600 resolution display screen.
- Comes in a 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB version.
- Includes an 8 megapixel camera in back with LED flash and a 2 megapixel camera in front.
- Features the newly improved S-Pen stylus.
- Features a new Multi Window feature (see more below).
S-Pen and Multi Window features
The S-Pen is more intuitive and has its own set of commands making it more functional than an ordinary stylus. Samsung has also improved the handwriting feature making the feel of note taking on the device closer to that of writing on a real notepad.
A Multi Window feature will allow you to operate two different apps at the same time. This feature could allow you to surf the Web while jotting down notes from specific websites. It could also let you easily drag content or other files from one app to another.