One of the things that drives me nuts most in the business world is this glut of acronyms. Okay, some make sense. But there’s an awful lot of blatantly manufactured acronyms out there (I’m looking at you, self-help business books) that just make me insane.
I see a lot of stuff like, “To win at sales you need to be a G.O.P.H.E.R.!”
- G – Go get ’em!
- O – Only give your best!
- P – Partner with people who can help!
- H – Help people who need it!
- E – Early to bed, early to rise…
- R – Ready to succeed?! GO!
So animals are not your thing? How about C.O.F.F.E.E.:
- C – Come to work!
- O – Offer your expertise!
- F – Free yourself from negative thoughts!
- F – Focus on the task at hand!
- E – Examine your goals!
- E – Everything is awesome! Be positive!
Honestly, I could do this all day. Thankfully, we cartoonists get to poke fun at this sort of thing, both as a profession and a form of therapy.
Okay, now who’s ready to get some COFFEE for their GOPHER?