Before you groan, assuming this will be a long rambling boring letter, I promise to keep it short.
The year 2013 was a year of milestones for the team here at Small Business Trends LLC. I’d like to share a few:
- You may have noticed that we increased our original reporting of small-business specific news. Along with regular columns and expert contributions, we now regularly publish 5 to 7 items daily.
- We’ve started doing more profiles of individual small businesses. We’d love to hear from you if your business has an interesting story that you believe others can learn from.
- We started doing more coverage of mobile devices, due to reader interest.
- Our team grew. In addition to myself as CEO, we now have a Chief Technology Officer, Chief Operations Officer, a news editor, a social marketing maven, and a Chief Strategy Officer. We also have a part-time Community Manager. That is in addition to regular columnists, journalists and experts. Check out our About page for more details.
- A new responsive design for the site was rolled out in November. Feedback has been good – we’re glad you like it.
- We worked quite a bit on implementing a CDN and managed to cut the site load time in half since January 2013.
- Traffic and readership has grown, and we’re glad you like us.
- Our two Awards programs were more popular than even — the Small Business Book Awards and the Small Business Influencer Awards. Congrats to all nominees and winners.
- Our other sites are growing – Tweak Your Biz and BizSugar have both grown during the year.
While we get tons and tons of mail that make it difficult to respond to everything, we do try hard to read everything and reply on social media channels.
I plan to write a full year-end business report. Until then, a gigantic THANK YOU to each of you. Big thanks to our sponsors, too!
I know I speak for all of us on the team when I say we’ve made many many friends during the year, and treasure each and every one of you.
Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!
Ornament image via Shutterstock
Merry Christmas Small Biz Trends! You really have gone a long way. You are now the top small business blog on the Internet. I can only see good things happening in the year ahead. Keep it up!
Hope you and the Small Biz team are enjoying the holidays. Congrats on your growth; may in continue. Wishing you all the best in 2014 and beyond.