Why not start out the new year right? Make it a point to build your skills and those of your team. Attend an event and figure out how to accomplish more in your business — and do things better. Below is our first list in 2014 of events, contests and awards for small businesses, solo entrepreneurs and growing companies. Every item on this list is curated by the editorial team of Small Business Trends, for the highest quality and relevancy.
To see a full list or to submit your own event, contest or award listing, visit the Small Business Events Calendar.
Featured Events, Contests and Awards
Mentoring Roundtable For Entrepreneurs
January 9, 2014, Online
If you are a serious entrepreneur, register to “pitch” and sell your business idea to Sramana Mitra, founder of 1M by 1M. Expect your pitch to be seen by a larger audience of potential customers, investors, media and entrepreneurs. You’ll gain straightforward feedback, advice on next steps, and she’ll answer any of your questions. Others can register to “attend” to watch, learn, and interact through the online chat. FREE. Register here.
Affiliate Management Days San Francisco 2014
March 19, 2014, San Francisco, CA
AM Days is the must attend event for affiliate managers who are responsible for their company’s affiliate marketing strategy, management and operations. Whether you have an existing affiliate program or you are creating a new initiative, AMDays offers you valuable insight into how other online retailers are successfully implementing and managing their affiliate programs. Topics include: Affiliate program set up; Affiliate recruitment techniques; Affiliate marketing fraud; M-commerce; and much more.
ICON14 by Infusionsoft
April 23, 2014, Phoenix, AZ
#ICON14 is the eighth annual conference for small business, hosted by Infusionsoft (previously called Infusioncon). Over 3,000 attendees expected. Confirmed speakers include Seth Godin, JJ Ramberg and Peter Shankman.
smallbiztrends (Get an extra $100 off)
- Aspen Global Investment Forum
January 06, 2014, Aspen, CO
- Google Analytics Grand Tour: Roadmap to Collecting, Reporting and Analyzing Data
January 07, 2014, Uniontown, OH
- Consumer Electronics Show 2014
January 07, 2014, Las Vegas, NV
- Using Contract History & Forecasts to Develop a Government Contracting Strategy
January 07, 2014, Chicago, IL
- SYMPOSIA::2014 Conference for Women Entrepreneurs
January 10, 2014, San Francisco, CA
- Introduction to Appreciative Inquiry: Creating What Will Be
January 13, 2014, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Kick Off The New Year: Business & Entrepreneur Networking Mixer
January 14, 2014, New York City, New York/USA
- Connection Points: Networking with Women in Tech
January 15, 2014, Chicago, IL
- Small Business Expo 2013 – Miami
January 16, 2014, Miami, FL
- Road Map to HIPAA Compliance – Webinar
January 16, 2014, Online
- Is Certification Right for You?
January 21, 2014, Online
- Take Action. Get A SLAP: Create A One-Year Growth Plan For Your Business
January 23, 2014, Online
- Outlook Tips for Finance Professionals
January 28, 2014, Online
- Business Plan Writing Clinic
January 29, 2014, Chicago, IL
- HIPAA Compliance: Managing the Business Associates Relationship ‘Safely’ Webinar
January 29, 2014, Online
- Mastering the HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification Rules
January 30, 2014, Online
- Appreciative Inquiry Facilitator Training (AIFT)
February 10, 2014, Las Vegas, NV
- Small Bytes & Apps
February 22, 2014, Cambridge, MA
- 18th Annual North American Shared Services & Outsourcing Week
March 12, 2014, Orlando, FL
- Conversion Conference West 2014 San Francisco
March 17, 2014, San Francisco, CA
More Contests and Awards
- SBA’s National Small Business Week Awards Deadline
January 17, 2014, Online
- DREAM BIG Small Business of the Year Award
February 03, 2014, Online
This weekly listing of small business events, contests and awards is provided as a community service by Small Business Trends and SmallBizTechnology.
Thanks for sharing this.
Happy New Year, Laura!
I was just thinking about events for 2014-and which ones I’ll try to attend.
Great timing and great list.
The Franchise King®
Ooooh, Mentoring Roundtable For Entrepreneurs looks quite cool. It’s great that it’s online.
I’m not looking to pitch, but would be interested in watching. Thanks for sharing info about that.