Most productive people will tell you that they stay productive, getting stuff done, because they maintain some sort of system. Usually, at its core, it is a list. Any.Do is a task management app for iOS or Android smartphones that is designed to make you more productive.
The company did some research to understand how people achieve the greatest productivity. They discovered that people who review their tasks daily are more productive, so they created the “Any.Do Moment” as part of their system.
This moment is a few minutes you set aside each day to review your tasks and move them between “Today,” “Tomorrow,” and “Someday.” Moving tasks is only a matter of dragging them from one place to another in the order you want to see them.
As I used the app, I viewed the “Any.Do Moment” as a reality check – could I really get something done today or tomorrow and if not, then the someday box forced me to question how it fit into my priorities.
As a task manager, it goes above and beyond expectations. When you start to type in a task, it will offer suggestions for auto-completing it. It also will automatically link you to your email or even Amazon (if your task is shopping). These features can save you the small amount of time it would take searching for a contact or typing in a Web address. Throughout the day, all that time on small things adds up.
Any.Do does not automatically come with a calendar feature, so you will need to download the companion app, “Cal,” in order to get this. I connected mine to my Google Calendar and it works seamlessly. Maybe a bit too seamless because I now get lots of reminders — some from Google, some from Any.Do.
Still, you can fully integrate calendars with Any.Do, making it even more useful.
What I Liked:
- The voice activation works great, even on slower Internet connections.
- It was fun to shake the phone to erase my deleted tasks.
- It syncs with Google Tasks, and you can email your tasks to Any.Do.
- You can share tasks with other people, and you will receive a notification when they complete the task.
What I Would Like to See:
- If your phone is on silent, all your alarms will be silent, too. I would like to see an option to follow phone settings (including vibrate) or not to follow them.
- If you do not review your tasks, you will get a message to do it. Although this is designed to increase productivity, spending time reviewing tasks every day is not an option for everyone.
When using Any.Do, you will see ads because this app is free. It is powerful for being a free download. All in all, this is a great way to keep on top of your tasks, events, and meetings.